Re: Heads up and Macromedia CPU utilization on some machines.

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1 2:56 PM
      Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.0.2800.1106 - Latest for 2000
      Processor: AMD, 900Mhz
      Memory: 512MB, 235MB free.
      Windows 2000 - Update to date will all service packs.
      Macromedia - New install this morning.

      About every 2 seconds, processor spikes to 100% of the processor for
      about 1/2 second to one second in duration. When processor is at 100%
      the scrolling is locked up.

      It might just be too much for the machine to handle during all of the
      on screen updates.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
      <alans@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can you help me debug this? We have gotten a number of complaints
      in our
      > support box about this problem, but it is hard to track down. I
      have tested
      > the feature on Mac/Windows XP on Firefox 1.0/1.5/IE 6.0/Safari
      >
      > What web browser are you using, are you running out of memory? how
      much
      > memory / processor do you have?
      >
      > Alan
      >

      > On 3/1/06, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Alan,
      > >
      > > I guess it would be the forecast page?
      > >
      > > http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?
      query=48116

      > > Thanks.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
      <alans@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > Are you on the weather station page of the forecast page?
      Please send me
      > > > URL.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Alan

      when

      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
      +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
      > > Weather
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g>
      > > Standard
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw

      > > hoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group>"

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      > > > --
      > >
      > > > Alan Steremberg
      > > > Weather Underground
      > > > 415-543-5022 x 103
      > > > http://www.wunderground.com

      > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

      > > WUHU Download page:

      t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
      +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
      Weather
      > > stations<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g> Standard
      > > edition<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw>
      _group>"

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-

      > > ------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > Alan Steremberg
      > Weather Underground
      > 415-543-5022 x 103
      > http://www.wunderground.com

    • Brian Harris
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1 3:25 PM
        HI,

        I downloaded the where'sjames webcam software I have it uploading to my
        webpage in still pics, but I'm wanting it still pics but moving stills.
        Well I want it exactly the way it is on
        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/ Can someone please tell me the
        steps in doing this I cant figure it out!!

        Thanks

      • Alan Steremberg
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1 4:05 PM
          Hi,

          We aren't using flash, we are using javascript and the XMLHTTP object in IE.  Interesting, maybe I should ramp back the update time or something.

          <alans@...> wrote:

> [...]

          > > WUHU Download page:

          t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
          +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
          Weather
          > > stations< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
          s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g> Standard
          > > edition< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
          s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw>
          _group>"

          > >    on the web.
          > >
          > >    -  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          > >     wuhu_software_group-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-

          > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          WUHU Download page:
          http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

          Personal weather station Weather stations Standard edition

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          Alan Steremberg
          Weather Underground
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1 4:05 PM
            bharris,

            Since you have the FTP working you are 1/2 there, maybe...

            You can try using the Publish settings I have listed here:

            http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Demos/WheresJames.htm

            Beware, for whatever reason, I had to remove codecs and re-install
            then the software started working. Whether it was the removal of a
            codec or the re-installation that fixed it, I am not sure. It was
            pretty frustrating getting it setup.

            Let me know if you get it running.

            Thanks.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1 4:06 PM
              Let me know what I can do.

              I will test it after you modify.

              Is there anything I can check/update on this machine?

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1 4:19 PM
                I have a 3200 AMD Athlon64 with 512 mb DDR SDRAM using Windows XP & IE
                6.0 with all the latest updates.
                With Heavyweather on and looking at thw WU page. When I scroll I go up
                to 100% CPU Usage. Not scrolling.
                IO just turned Heavy weather off and it still goes to 100%.
                May be strange, but the faster I scroll the less CPU usage.
                It never stops or freezes though.
                Memory usage does not seem to change.

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 1 4:20 PM
                  The delay is odd...

                  I tried an XP 2.5Ghz (XP, latest everything) and a Dual Core Xeon 1.5
                  GHz (Windows 2000, latest everything), and on both of those systems
                  there is this annoying 1/4 to 1/2 second delay on both machines. You
                  can notice it if you constantly scroll up and down until the delay hits
                  (continue to attempt to scroll when it is locked up).

                  Although the Xeon machine is spiking up to 30% or so, it never goes to
                  100%.
                • phantomodopera
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 1 4:35 PM
                    Browser IE 6.0.29 SP2
                    Processor Intel P4 3.0
                    Mem 1 gig
                    Win XP SP2

                    ( cpu and mem usage is for IExplorer, not all processes - I hope
                    that's what you were looking for)
                    MemUsage 20,372
                    Non Scrolling about 14% CPU usage apx 1 out of 3 seconds
                    Scrolling avg between 22%-35% --- Smooth
                    *****************************

                    Browser Same as above
                    Processor AMD Duron 756
                    Mem 512
                    Win XP SP2

                    MemUsage 26,660k
                    Non Scrolling about 3% CPU usage Constant
                    Scrolling Avg between 70%-90% ( faster scroll= higher usage) ---
                    Smooth
                    *******************************

                    Browser AOL Explorer Browser v1.2.5.16 ( Not signed on through AOL)
                    Processor Same AMD computer as above
                    Mem 512
                    Win XP SP2

                    MemUsage 35,764
                    Non Scrolling about AVG 30% CPU constantly
                    Scrolling Avg between 75%-85% ( faster scroll= higher usage) ---
                    Jerky

                    <alans@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > Can you help me debug this? We have gotten a number of complaints
                    in our
                    > support box about this problem, but it is hard to track down. I
                    have tested
                    > the feature on Mac/Windows XP on Firefox 1.0/1.5/IE 6.0/Safari
                    >
                    > What web browser are you using, are you running out of memory? how
                    much
                    > memory / processor do you have?
                    >
                    > Alan

                  • Brian Harris
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 2 3:35 PM
                      I have everything in wheresjames correct with the settings in the demo,
                      but it never tries to upload! If I change it to a jpg file it will
                      upload. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling but doesn't help. Any
                      Ideas?? By the way, what kind of webcam do you have?

                      Thanks

                      KARHARTM1

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 2 5:42 PM
                        bharris,

                        I know the frustration, it took me a long time to have the thing
                        magically start working after I deleted some codecs then re-installed.

                        Did you try looking to see what codecs are installed? I removed
                        anything that I did not need. I read somewhere on a forum (there is a
                        forum off his page) that it might have something to do with some
                        offending codec. I might have also re-installed the codecs from MS.

                        I have a cheap-o creative web cam, nothing special.

                        I think the problem with the software has nothing to do with the cam
                        but rather the other codecs on the machine.

                        If I find any new info, I will let you know.