More severe weather in NH

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2008
      Sad to report that we had a death from some flash flooding here in
      central NH last night.
      My town was safe, but all around us was hit hard, estimates are 3.5"
      plus in less than 2 hours.
      The death was from a vehicle swept off a road and into a brook. The
      brook turned into a raging river.
      Much damage from flooded houses, washed out roads and washed out
      railroad tracks. A couple house fires from lightening strikes.
      This is on top of 4 deaths in the last 10 days from people getting
      swept away in raging rivers from the rain that we have had.
      Mud slides have also caused damage in NH, not to mention the 40 mile
      track of devastation the EF2 tornado left just over a week ago. 1
      death from that.
      Not a good summer in NH, following a devastating winter in NH.