2317 Wind Reading

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008
      Hey guys - getting ready to get this thing online but before I get to
      that point can anyone here give a dissertation on how to read the LCD
      display for wind on the 2317? There are at various times multiple
      arrows around the circumference of the wind display, what do they all
      mean? I "assume" its where the wind WAS coming from previously but I'm
      not sure & the manual doesnt describe it at all.
      Thanks!
      Arnold In The Smokies
    • chrisjmaher@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008
        Arnold,
        I too wondered about that phenom on my 2310. All I have been able to determine is that it does in-fact remember its last half dozen previously reported directions but the small triangles are pulled inside of the ring and the last, latest direction is the one that has a triangle on both the inside and outside of the ring of the compass heading. Can anyone provide a better of more corroboration for Arnold?

        Chris
        Atlanta
        From: "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...>
        > Hey guys - getting ready to get this thing online but before I get to
        > that point can anyone here give a dissertation on how to read the LCD
        > display for wind on the 2317? There are at various times multiple
        > arrows around the circumference of the wind display, what do they all
        > mean? I "assume" its where the wind WAS coming from previously but I'm
        > not sure & the manual doesnt describe it at all.
        > Thanks!
        > Arnold In The Smokies

      • Radu Eugen
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008

          Hello Arnold, all the arrows that you wanna know about are the directions from which the wind blowed in the past 15 minutes or so. The arrow that is longer than the others indicates the most recently direction from which the wind blowed.

          Regards, Eugen, Oradea, Romania