Re: Ideas Please - Lost 2317 Anemometer

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
      Any chance the wind and rain sensors are reversed at the remote thermo
      unit?

      Also, any wire damage if you tacked down the wind sensor wire?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
      <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks - Finally got around to mounting my sensors on my greenhouse
      > shed today getting ready to hook up to WUHU & after setting everything
      > up I have dashes where the wind speed should be. The set up was
      > working fine wireless on the bench for the last few weeks & prior to
      > that I tested the sensors/console over the same distance & placement
      > wireless & all was good to go. I hooked up the console outside briefly
      > hardwired & still just dashes (I must admit it wasnt hooked u very
      > long - maybe 4 or 5 minutes). Any thoughts? Its as if the anemometer
      > died & I have readings for outside temp. & 0's showing for the rain
      gauge.
      > Thanks In Advance!
      > Arnold In The Smokies

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        Thanks for the reply - no reversed wires as I labeled the rain & wind
        with a wire label & the rain gauge is fine (its showing 0's), I'll
        have to check the wires for any nicks but I'm always very cautious
        when fastening the wires, the only thing I can think of is I got over
        zealous with tightening the tie wraps on the mast & pinched a wire
        there. I guess I'll need to take the sensor down & open it up to check
        continuity between the RJ45 connector & the internals of the wind
        sensor:-(
        Thanks Again
        Arnold In The Smokies