Ideas Please - Lost 2317 Anemometer

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
      Hi Folks - Finally got around to mounting my sensors on my greenhouse
      shed today getting ready to hook up to WUHU & after setting everything
      up I have dashes where the wind speed should be. The set up was
      working fine wireless on the bench for the last few weeks & prior to
      that I tested the sensors/console over the same distance & placement
      wireless & all was good to go. I hooked up the console outside briefly
      hardwired & still just dashes (I must admit it wasnt hooked u very
      long - maybe 4 or 5 minutes). Any thoughts? Its as if the anemometer
      died & I have readings for outside temp. & 0's showing for the rain gauge.
      Thanks In Advance!
      Arnold In The Smokies
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        Any chance the wind and rain sensors are reversed at the remote thermo
        unit?

        Also, any wire damage if you tacked down the wind sensor wire?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
        <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks - Finally got around to mounting my sensors on my greenhouse
        > shed today getting ready to hook up to WUHU & after setting everything
        > up I have dashes where the wind speed should be. The set up was
        > working fine wireless on the bench for the last few weeks & prior to
        > that I tested the sensors/console over the same distance & placement
        > wireless & all was good to go. I hooked up the console outside briefly
        > hardwired & still just dashes (I must admit it wasnt hooked u very
        > long - maybe 4 or 5 minutes). Any thoughts? Its as if the anemometer
        > died & I have readings for outside temp. & 0's showing for the rain
        gauge.
        > Thanks In Advance!
        > Arnold In The Smokies

      • alrjr2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
          Thanks for the reply - no reversed wires as I labeled the rain & wind
          with a wire label & the rain gauge is fine (its showing 0's), I'll
          have to check the wires for any nicks but I'm always very cautious
          when fastening the wires, the only thing I can think of is I got over
          zealous with tightening the tie wraps on the mast & pinched a wire
          there. I guess I'll need to take the sensor down & open it up to check
          continuity between the RJ45 connector & the internals of the wind
          sensor:-(
          Thanks Again