RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: inserting html code

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008

      Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the weather stickers run on adobe flash.  Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone running on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not available for the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on my pws data.  The software update will be available soon, but no time line.  Anyone have any ideas in the mean time?

      Thanks

      Rodney

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
        What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
        ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
        pretty close.

        I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
        database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
        provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

        www.brianfeller.com/weather

        While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
        could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

        Brian

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

        > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
        weather
        > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
        running
        > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
        available for
        > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
        my pws
        > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
        Anyone
        > have any ideas in the mean time?
        >

        > Thanks
        >
        > Rodney
        >

        > _____

        8/1/2008
        > 6:59 PM

        8/1/2008
        > 6:59 PM

      • Ken Haugland
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
          Have you tried using one of the provided links on your weather underground homepage?

          For mobile phones
          http://m.wund.com

          For iPhones
          http://i.wund.com

          I use the iPhone link and it lets you specify a local PWS to look at.  This gives me current conditions, a radar map, forcast, etc.

          Very useful.  Try it out if you haven't seen it.

          Ken

          KCAHOLLI8

          On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Brian <yahoo@...> wrote:

          What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
          ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
          pretty close.

          I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
          database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
          provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

          www.brianfeller.com/weather

          While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
          could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

          Brian

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

          > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
          weather
          > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
          running
          > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
          available for
          > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
          my pws
          > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
          Anyone
          > have any ideas in the mean time?
          >

          > Thanks
          >
          > Rodney
          >

          > _____

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

        • Rodney
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2008

            Ken and Brian

            Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

            Rodney

            target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
            target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Rodney

            target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Dan Brown

            target="_blank">http://www.radicon.

            > > <http://www.radicon. <http://www.radicon. net/weather1. htm>

            > net/weather1. htm> net/weather1. htm . That page
            > works
            > > great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as
            > the
            > > cellphone doesn't view it properly. Hopefully I will have the time
            > this
            > > weekend to figure it out.
            > >

            > > Thanks again.
            > >
            > > Rodney
            > >

            > > _____
            > >

            > > From: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

            > group@yahoogroups. com
            > > [mailto:wuhu_software_
            <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

            > group@yahoogroups. com]
            On Behalf Of Douglas D.
            > > Anderson
            > > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:10 AM

            > > To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

            > group@yahoogroups. com
            > > Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: inserting html code
            > >

            > > Hey Rodney;
            > >
            > > How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?
            > >
            > > When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at
            > the
            > > source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).
            > >
            > > The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single
            "/" at
            > the
            > > end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.
            > >
            > > When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
            > > refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
            > > version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing,
            > you
            > > might have seen an old version, not the most current.
            > >
            > > Good luck,
            > >
            > > Doug in Huntsville ,
            AL

            > > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
            > > Texas
            with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

            > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:
            href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%2540yahoogroups.com" target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

            > > group@yahoogroups. <mailto:group%40yahoogroups .com> com, "radicon1961"

            > > <radicon@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
            > my
            > > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is

            > > > http://radicon. <http://radicon. <http://radicon. net/weather. htm>

            > net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
            > > inserted all the pws weather sticker
            > > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
            > as it
            > > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
            > only
            > > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
            > create the
            > > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
            > > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
            > have
            > > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Rodney