RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: inserting html code

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

      Dan,

      For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker.  It just shows a box with an x in it.  I just need to find out what plug-in to download to the Dare.

      Rodney

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
        One thing I noticed on the phone with your code is the wx didn't
        update automatically. You had to refresh the page to get the latest
        data. the "updated: sec ago" would change, but not the wx. Watched
        the temp change on the internet WU version. The little red wind arrow
        would fluctuate, but the speed stayed the same on mine. Not sure if
        it's even supposed tp refresh on it's own like the full version does.

        ttyl, dan

        wrote:

        > Dan,
        >

        > For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker. It just
        shows a
        > box with an x in it. I just need to find out what plug-in to
        download to
        > the Dare.
        >

        > Rodney
        >

        > _____

        8/1/2008
        > 6:59 PM

      • Rodney
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008

          Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the weather stickers run on adobe flash.  Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone running on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not available for the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on my pws data.  The software update will be available soon, but no time line.  Anyone have any ideas in the mean time?

          Thanks

          Rodney

          wrote:

          > Doug,
          >

          > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas !
          The local weatherman just said on
          the TV
          > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
          I need
          > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
          >

          > Rodney
          >

          > _____

          On Behalf Of Douglas D.
          > Anderson
          > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:10 AM
          > To: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
          > Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: inserting html code
          >

          > Hey Rodney;
          >
          > How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?
          >
          > When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at
          the
          > source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).
          >
          > The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single "/"
          at
          the
          > end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.
          >
          > When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
          > refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
          > version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing,
          you
          > might have seen an old version, not the most current.
          >
          > Good luck,
          >
          > Doug in Huntsville ,
          AL

          > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
          > Texas
          with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

          > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_ software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>
          > group@yahoogroups. com,
          "radicon1961"
          > <radicon@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
          my
          > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
          > > http://radicon. <
          href="http://radicon.net/weather.htm">http://radicon. net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
          > inserted all the pws weather sticker
          > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
          as it
          > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
          only
          > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
          create the
          > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
          > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
          have
          > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Rodney

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
            What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
            ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
            pretty close.

            I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
            database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
            provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

            www.brianfeller.com/weather

            While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
            could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

            Brian

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

            > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
            weather
            > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
            running
            > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
            available for
            > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
            my pws
            > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
            Anyone
            > have any ideas in the mean time?
            >

            > Thanks
            >
            > Rodney
            >

            > _____

            8/1/2008
            > 6:59 PM

            8/1/2008
            > 6:59 PM

          • Ken Haugland
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
              Have you tried using one of the provided links on your weather underground homepage?

              For mobile phones
              http://m.wund.com

              For iPhones
              http://i.wund.com

              I use the iPhone link and it lets you specify a local PWS to look at.  This gives me current conditions, a radar map, forcast, etc.

              Very useful.  Try it out if you haven't seen it.

              Ken

              KCAHOLLI8

              On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Brian <yahoo@...> wrote:

              What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
              ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
              pretty close.

              I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
              database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
              provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

              www.brianfeller.com/weather

              While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
              could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

              Brian

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

              > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
              weather
              > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
              running
              > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
              available for
              > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
              my pws
              > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
              Anyone
              > have any ideas in the mean time?
              >

              > Thanks
              >
              > Rodney
              >

              > _____

              8/1/2008
              > 6:59 PM

              8/1/2008
              > 6:59 PM

            • Rodney
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 4, 2008

                Ken and Brian

                Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

                Rodney

                target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
                target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Rodney

                target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Dan Brown

                target="_blank">http://www.radicon.

                > > <http://www.radicon. <http://www.radicon. net/weather1. htm>

                > net/weather1. htm> net/weather1. htm . That page
                > works
                > > great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as
                > the
                > > cellphone doesn't view it properly. Hopefully I will have the time
                > this
                > > weekend to figure it out.
                > >

                > > Thanks again.
                > >
                > > Rodney
                > >

                > > _____
                > >

                > > From: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                > group@yahoogroups. com
                > > [mailto:wuhu_software_
                <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                > group@yahoogroups. com]
                On Behalf Of Douglas D.
                > > Anderson
                > > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:10 AM

                > > To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                > group@yahoogroups. com
                > > Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: inserting html code
                > >

                > > Hey Rodney;
                > >
                > > How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?
                > >
                > > When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at
                > the
                > > source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).
                > >
                > > The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single
                "/" at
                > the
                > > end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.
                > >
                > > When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
                > > refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
                > > version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing,
                > you
                > > might have seen an old version, not the most current.
                > >
                > > Good luck,
                > >
                > > Doug in Huntsville ,
                AL

                > > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
                > > Texas
                with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

                > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:
                href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%2540yahoogroups.com" target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                > > group@yahoogroups. <mailto:group%40yahoogroups .com> com, "radicon1961"

                > > <radicon@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
                > my
                > > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is

                > > > http://radicon. <http://radicon. <http://radicon. net/weather. htm>

                > net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                > > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                > > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                > as it
                > > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                > only
                > > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                > create the
                > > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                > > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                > have
                > > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks
                > > > Rodney