RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: inserting html code

  • Rodney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

      Doug,

      Thanks for the reply.  One of the other group members helped me out with it last night and I was able to get the page to work properly.  The final page I intend to use for my cellphone is http://www.radicon.net/weather1.htm .  That page works great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as the cellphone doesn’t view it properly.  Hopefully I will have the time this weekend to figure it out.

      Thanks again.

      Rodney

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

        Doug,

        P.S.  Yes it is summer in Texas ! The local weatherman just said on the TV that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today.  Guess I need to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!

        Rodney

        <radicon@... > wrote:

        > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access my
        > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
        > http://radicon. net/weather. htm
        I inserted all the pws weather sticker
        > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one as it
        > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that only
        > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to create the
        > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
        > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I have
        > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rodney

      • Dan Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
          just checked out your page on my LG Voyager. Looks great!

          dan

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...>
          wrote:

          > Doug,
          >

          > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas! The local weatherman just said on
          the TV
          > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
          I need
          > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
          >

          > Rodney
          >

          > _____

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

          8/1/2008
          > 6:59 PM

        • Rodney
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

            Dan,

            For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker.  It just shows a box with an x in it.  I just need to find out what plug-in to download to the Dare.

            Rodney

            wrote:

            > Doug,
            >

            > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas !
            The local weatherman just said on
            the TV
            > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
            I need
            > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
            >

            > Rodney
            >

            > _____

            w:st="on">AL

            > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
            > Texas
            with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

            > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_ software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>
            > group@yahoogroups. com,
            "radicon1961"

            href="http://radicon.net/weather.htm">http://radicon. net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
            > inserted all the pws weather sticker
            > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
            as it
            > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
            only
            > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
            create the
            > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
            > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
            have
            > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Rodney

            8/1/2008
            > 6:59 PM

            8/1/2008
            > 6:59 PM

          • Dan Brown
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
              One thing I noticed on the phone with your code is the wx didn't
              update automatically. You had to refresh the page to get the latest
              data. the "updated: sec ago" would change, but not the wx. Watched
              the temp change on the internet WU version. The little red wind arrow
              would fluctuate, but the speed stayed the same on mine. Not sure if
              it's even supposed tp refresh on it's own like the full version does.

              ttyl, dan

              wrote:

              > Dan,
              >

              > For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker. It just
              shows a
              > box with an x in it. I just need to find out what plug-in to
              download to
              > the Dare.
              >

              > Rodney
              >

              > _____

              8/1/2008
              > 6:59 PM

            • Rodney
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008

                Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the weather stickers run on adobe flash.  Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone running on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not available for the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on my pws data.  The software update will be available soon, but no time line.  Anyone have any ideas in the mean time?

                Thanks

                Rodney

                wrote:

                > Doug,
                >

                > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas !
                The local weatherman just said on
                the TV
                > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
                I need
                > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
                >

                > Rodney
                >

                > _____

                "radicon1961"
                > <radicon@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
                my
                > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
                > > http://radicon. <
                href="http://radicon.net/weather.htm">http://radicon. net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                as it
                > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                only
                > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                create the
                > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                have
                > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Rodney

                8/1/2008
                > 6:59 PM

                8/1/2008
                > 6:59 PM

              • Brian
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
                  What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
                  ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
                  pretty close.

                  I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
                  database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
                  provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

                  www.brianfeller.com/weather

                  While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
                  could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

                  Brian

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

                  > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
                  weather
                  > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
                  running
                  > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
                  available for
                  > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
                  my pws
                  > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
                  Anyone
                  > have any ideas in the mean time?
                  >

                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Rodney
                  >

                  > _____

                  8/1/2008
                  > 6:59 PM

                  8/1/2008
                  > 6:59 PM

                • Ken Haugland
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
                    Have you tried using one of the provided links on your weather underground homepage?

                    For mobile phones
                    http://m.wund.com

                    For iPhones
                    http://i.wund.com

                    I use the iPhone link and it lets you specify a local PWS to look at.  This gives me current conditions, a radar map, forcast, etc.

                    Very useful.  Try it out if you haven't seen it.

                    Ken

                    KCAHOLLI8

                    On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Brian <yahoo@...> wrote:

                    What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
                    ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
                    pretty close.

                    I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
                    database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
                    provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

                    www.brianfeller.com/weather

                    While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
                    could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

                    Brian

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

                    > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
                    weather
                    > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
                    running
                    > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
                    available for
                    > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
                    my pws
                    > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
                    Anyone
                    > have any ideas in the mean time?
                    >

                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Rodney
                    >

                    > _____

                    8/1/2008
                    > 6:59 PM

                    8/1/2008
                    > 6:59 PM

                  • Rodney
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 4, 2008

                      Ken and Brian

                      Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

                      Rodney

                      target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
                      target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Rodney

                      target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Dan Brown

                      target="_blank">http://www.radicon.

                      > > <http://www.radicon. <http://www.radicon. net/weather1. htm>

                      > net/weather1. htm> net/weather1. htm . That page
                      > works
                      > > great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as
                      > the
                      > > cellphone doesn't view it properly. Hopefully I will have the time
                      > this
                      > > weekend to figure it out.
                      > >

                      > > Thanks again.
                      > >
                      > > Rodney
                      > >

                      > > _____
                      > >

                      > > From: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                      > group@yahoogroups. com
                      > > [mailto:wuhu_software_
                      <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                      > group@yahoogroups. com]
                      On Behalf Of Douglas D.
                      > > Anderson
                      > > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:10 AM

                      > > To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                      > group@yahoogroups. com
                      > > Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: inserting html code
                      > >

                      > > Hey Rodney;
                      > >
                      > > How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?
                      > >
                      > > When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at
                      > the
                      > > source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).
                      > >
                      > > The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single
                      "/" at
                      > the
                      > > end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.
                      > >
                      > > When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
                      > > refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
                      > > version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing,
                      > you
                      > > might have seen an old version, not the most current.
                      > >
                      > > Good luck,
                      > >
                      > > Doug in Huntsville ,
                      AL

                      > > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
                      > > Texas
                      with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:
                      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%2540yahoogroups.com" target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                      > > group@yahoogroups. <mailto:group%40yahoogroups .com> com, "radicon1961"

                      > > <radicon@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
                      > my
                      > > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is

                      > > > http://radicon. <http://radicon. <http://radicon. net/weather. htm>

                      > net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                      > > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                      > > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                      > as it
                      > > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                      > only
                      > > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                      > create the
                      > > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                      > > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                      > have
                      > > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks
                      > > > Rodney