inserting html code

  • radicon1961
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
      I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access my
      personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
      http://radicon.net/weather.htm I inserted all the pws weather sticker
      codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one as it
      will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that only
      two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to create the
      page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
      moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I have
      done wrong. Can someone help me out?

      Thanks
      Rodney
    • Douglas D. Anderson
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
        Hey Rodney;

        How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?

        When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at the
        source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).

        The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single "/" at the
        end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.

        When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
        refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
        version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing, you
        might have seen an old version, not the most current.

        Good luck,

        Doug in Huntsville, AL

        PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
        Texas with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "radicon1961"
        <radicon@...> wrote:

        > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access my
        > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
        > http://radicon.net/weather.htm I inserted all the pws weather sticker
        > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one as it
        > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that only
        > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to create the
        > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
        > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I have
        > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rodney

      • Rodney
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

          Doug,

          Thanks for the reply.  One of the other group members helped me out with it last night and I was able to get the page to work properly.  The final page I intend to use for my cellphone is http://www.radicon.net/weather1.htm .  That page works great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as the cellphone doesn’t view it properly.  Hopefully I will have the time this weekend to figure it out.

          Thanks again.

          <radicon@... > wrote:

          > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access my
          > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
          > http://radicon. net/weather. htm
          I inserted all the pws weather sticker
          > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one as it
          > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that only
          > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to create the
          > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
          > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I have
          > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Rodney

        • Rodney
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

            Doug,

            P.S.  Yes it is summer in Texas ! The local weatherman just said on the TV that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today.  Guess I need to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!

            Rodney

            <radicon@... > wrote:

            > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access my
            > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
            > http://radicon. net/weather. htm
            I inserted all the pws weather sticker
            > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one as it
            > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that only
            > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to create the
            > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
            > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I have
            > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Rodney

          • Dan Brown
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
              just checked out your page on my LG Voyager. Looks great!

              dan

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...>
              wrote:

              > Doug,
              >

              > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas! The local weatherman just said on
              the TV
              > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
              I need
              > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
              >

              > Rodney
              >

              > _____

              8/1/2008
              > 6:59 PM

              8/1/2008
              > 6:59 PM

            • Rodney
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008

                Dan,

                For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker.  It just shows a box with an x in it.  I just need to find out what plug-in to download to the Dare.

                Rodney

                wrote:

                > Doug,
                >

                > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas !
                The local weatherman just said on
                the TV
                > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
                I need
                > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
                >

                > Rodney
                >

                > _____

                w:st="on">AL

                > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
                > Texas
                with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

                > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_ software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>
                > group@yahoogroups. com,
                "radicon1961"

                href="http://radicon.net/weather.htm">http://radicon. net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                as it
                > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                only
                > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                create the
                > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                have
                > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Rodney

                8/1/2008
                > 6:59 PM

                8/1/2008
                > 6:59 PM

              • Dan Brown
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 2, 2008
                  One thing I noticed on the phone with your code is the wx didn't
                  update automatically. You had to refresh the page to get the latest
                  data. the "updated: sec ago" would change, but not the wx. Watched
                  the temp change on the internet WU version. The little red wind arrow
                  would fluctuate, but the speed stayed the same on mine. Not sure if
                  it's even supposed tp refresh on it's own like the full version does.

                  ttyl, dan

                  wrote:

                  > Dan,
                  >

                  > For some reason my new LG Dare will not run the sticker. It just
                  shows a
                  > box with an x in it. I just need to find out what plug-in to
                  download to
                  > the Dare.
                  >

                  > Rodney
                  >

                  > _____

                  8/1/2008
                  > 6:59 PM

                • Rodney
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008

                    Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the weather stickers run on adobe flash.  Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone running on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not available for the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on my pws data.  The software update will be available soon, but no time line.  Anyone have any ideas in the mean time?

                    Thanks

                    Rodney

                    wrote:

                    > Doug,
                    >

                    > P.S. Yes it is summer in Texas !
                    The local weatherman just said on
                    the TV
                    > that with the heat index is suppose to be 110 degrees today. Guess
                    I need
                    > to go and get the lawn done now before it gets too hot!
                    >

                    > Rodney
                    >

                    > _____

                    "radicon1961"
                    > <radicon@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
                    my
                    > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is
                    > > http://radicon. <
                    href="http://radicon.net/weather.htm">http://radicon. net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                    > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                    > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                    as it
                    > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                    only
                    > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                    create the
                    > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                    > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                    have
                    > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks
                    > > Rodney

                    8/1/2008
                    > 6:59 PM

                    8/1/2008
                    > 6:59 PM

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
                      What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
                      ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
                      pretty close.

                      I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
                      database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
                      provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

                      www.brianfeller.com/weather

                      While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
                      could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

                      Brian

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

                      > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
                      weather
                      > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
                      running
                      > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
                      available for
                      > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
                      my pws
                      > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
                      Anyone
                      > have any ideas in the mean time?
                      >

                      > Thanks
                      >
                      > Rodney
                      >

                      > _____

                      8/1/2008
                      > 6:59 PM

                      8/1/2008
                      > 6:59 PM

                    • Ken Haugland
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 3, 2008
                        Have you tried using one of the provided links on your weather underground homepage?

                        For mobile phones
                        http://m.wund.com

                        For iPhones
                        http://i.wund.com

                        I use the iPhone link and it lets you specify a local PWS to look at.  This gives me current conditions, a radar map, forcast, etc.

                        Very useful.  Try it out if you haven't seen it.

                        Ken

                        KCAHOLLI8

                        On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Brian <yahoo@...> wrote:

                        What about using a template that gets uploaded to your website (via
                        ftp)at regular intervals. Granted, it will not be real-time, but
                        pretty close.

                        I do something kind of similar (although mine involves a mysql
                        database and some code to upload the data into the database that Larry
                        provided me with). My data gets updated every 5 minutes.

                        www.brianfeller.com/weather

                        While mine probably has more info than you would be looking for, you
                        could obviously customize the page to show only what you are wanting.

                        Brian

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rodney" <radicon@...> wrote:

                        > Well, after checking into all my options, come to find out that the
                        weather
                        > stickers run on adobe flash. Since my LG Dare is a brand new phone
                        running
                        > on different software than the LG Voyager, adobe flash is not
                        available for
                        > the LG Dare yet. So I am back to square one far as a fast checkup on
                        my pws
                        > data. The software update will be available soon, but no time line.
                        Anyone
                        > have any ideas in the mean time?
                        >

                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Rodney
                        >

                        > _____

                        8/1/2008
                        > 6:59 PM

                        8/1/2008
                        > 6:59 PM

                      • Rodney
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 4, 2008

                          Ken and Brian

                          Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

                          Rodney

                          target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
                          target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Rodney

                          target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Dan Brown

                          target="_blank">http://www.radicon.

                          > > <http://www.radicon. <http://www.radicon. net/weather1. htm>

                          > net/weather1. htm> net/weather1. htm . That page
                          > works
                          > > great, but now I have to download some software to my cellphone as
                          > the
                          > > cellphone doesn't view it properly. Hopefully I will have the time
                          > this
                          > > weekend to figure it out.
                          > >

                          > > Thanks again.
                          > >
                          > > Rodney
                          > >

                          > > _____
                          > >

                          > > From: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                          > group@yahoogroups. com
                          > > [mailto:wuhu_software_
                          <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                          > group@yahoogroups. com]
                          On Behalf Of Douglas D.
                          > > Anderson
                          > > Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:10 AM

                          > > To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                          > group@yahoogroups. com
                          > > Subject: [wuhu_software_ group] Re: inserting html code
                          > >

                          > > Hey Rodney;
                          > >
                          > > How many of the weather stickers did you intend to install?
                          > >
                          > > When I looked at the page this morning, I saw five (and looking at
                          > the
                          > > source, it appears that you were attempting to install five).
                          > >
                          > > The only bit of code that I didn't understand was a single
                          "/" at
                          > the
                          > > end of each group. It doesn't seem to be a problem, however.
                          > >
                          > > When I'm testing a new page, one thing that I often forget is to
                          > > refresh the page in the browser (sometimes you are seeing the cached
                          > > version on your computer). When you only saw two in your testing,
                          > you
                          > > might have seen an old version, not the most current.
                          > >
                          > > Good luck,
                          > >
                          > > Doug in Huntsville ,
                          AL

                          > > PS. Whew! Looks like you're going to be having a hot day there in
                          > > Texas
                          with a temperature of 84 at 7 AM. Stay cool, friend.

                          > > --- In wuhu_software_ <mailto:
                          href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%2540yahoogroups.com" target="_blank">wuhu_software_ group%40yahoogro ups.com>

                          > > group@yahoogroups. <mailto:group%40yahoogroups .com> com, "radicon1961"

                          > > <radicon@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I am setting up a single page on my website so that I can access
                          > my
                          > > > personal weather data fast from my cell phone. My page is

                          > > > http://radicon. <http://radicon. <http://radicon. net/weather. htm>

                          > net/weather. htm> net/weather. htm I
                          > > inserted all the pws weather sticker
                          > > > codes to see how they looked. My intent is to use the first one
                          > as it
                          > > > will gives me rainfall amount in a simple form. One can see that
                          > only
                          > > > two of them are working. I am using a simple html editor to
                          > create the
                          > > > page as I do not have FrontPage installed on my computer at the
                          > > > moment. My html skills are quite rusty and I do not know what I
                          > have
                          > > > done wrong. Can someone help me out?
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks
                          > > > Rodney