Re: WUHU Down HERE

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31 6:54 PM
      Cams are back! I think I'm talking to myself here...which isn't
      abnormal..trust me!

      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
        From another list posted by WU.

        <<And here is the explanation:

        I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
        thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.

        I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
        you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
        circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
        for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
        guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.

        Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
        fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
        now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
        that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
        instead
        went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
        center went out like we'd blown a fuse.

        I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
        enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.

        We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
        we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
        fire system over my dead body.

        -Aaron>>
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
          Now that right thar is funny I don't care who you are!! Well it is
          but but isn't, but his reply was LOL

          <steve_03222@...> wrote:

          > From another list posted by WU.
          >
          > <<And here is the explanation:
          >
          > I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
          > thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.
          >
          > I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
          > you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
          > circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
          > for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
          > guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.
          >
          > Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
          > fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
          > now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
          > that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
          > instead
          > went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
          > center went out like we'd blown a fuse.
          >
          > I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
          > enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.
          >
          > We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
          > we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
          > fire system over my dead body.
          >
          > -Aaron>>

        • Karl Kingston
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
            And what did the Fire Marshall say after everything discharged? "oops!" :)

            On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, steve_03222 wrote:

            > From another list posted by WU.
            >
            > <<And here is the explanation:
            >
            > I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
            > thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.
            >
            > I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
            > you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
            > circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
            > for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
            > guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.
            >
            > Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
            > fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
            > now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
            > that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
            > instead
            > went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
            > center went out like we'd blown a fuse.
            >
            > I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
            > enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.
            >
            > We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
            > we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
            > fire system over my dead body.
            >
            > -Aaron>>

          • Michael Detwiler
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008

              I'll bet it went something like this....

              "What do you boys do around here with all these computers?"...

              ...we run a website called Weather Underground...I'm sure you've heard of it.

              "So you're like them boys on TV, right?"

              ..something like that...

              "I'm about done here.....uhhhh, this ain't good...somethins' wrong"

              ...dude!!!  I've got like 100,000 people out there sending me weather info that are going to be freaking out!!!  Get outta' here and you can forget testing this system EVER again!!!

              Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
              www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

              Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
              WU: KTNCOOKE10
              CWOP: CW6361