WUHU Down HERE

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
      WUHU isn't uploading here right now also not recieving the rapid fire
      block

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

      http://www.wapakweather.com/
    • Radu Eugen
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008

        WUHU seems to have some problems with collecting or displaying data, all the other: Awekas, Ham and CWOP work normally. I wonder what is going on !?

        Eugen, Oradea, Romania

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
          Yup, my WUHU is down as well

          Jaye Ellen, near Nashville TN

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
            Hello all.
            And here to Greece it have the same problem .

            Best regards from Greece
            Dimitris
            http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

            > WUHU isn't uploading here right now also not recieving the rapid fire
            > block
            >
            > Rick
            > KOHWAPAK1
            >
            > http://www.wapakweather.com/

          • Radu Eugen
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008

              Hello Dimitris,

              I've noticed that WUHU is displaying data only partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works OK. There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.

              All the best, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

              > WUHU isn't uploading here right now also not recieving the rapid fire
              > block
              >
              > Rick
              > KOHWAPAK1
              >
              > http://www.wapakwea ther.com/

            • utahweatherbear
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                WUHU, the software we all love, honor and cherish, is working fine
                (as usual). It's the WU (weather underground) site that appears to be
                having some issues right now.

                Sure that's what ya'all meant. ;-)

                db

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Radu Eugen
                <eugenraduoradea@...> wrote:

                > Hello Dimitris, I've noticed that WUHU is displaying data only
                partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works OK.
                There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.
                > All the best, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

              • Jaye Ellen
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                  Yes, but the question is more "When will its full functionality be returned?"  I can get to WU, but it shows my data as being over 2 hours old, no graph data, no history.  WAAAH !!!

                  Jaye Ellen

                  <eugenraduoradea@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Dimitris, I've noticed that WUHU is displaying data only
                  partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works OK.
                  There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.
                  > All the best, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

                • petros0022
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                    I agree 100 % .WUHU for me it is the best weather software,easy to
                    use and send weather data everywhere.
                    Eugen the problem is at WU and not WUHU .WUHU send data to WU but WU
                    it have problem to rapid fire and graficks .

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
                    <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

                    > WUHU, the software we all love, honor and cherish, is working fine
                    > (as usual). It's the WU (weather underground) site that appears to
                    be
                    > having some issues right now.
                    >
                    > Sure that's what ya'all meant. ;-)
                    >
                    > db
                    >

                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Radu Eugen
                    > <eugenraduoradea@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello Dimitris, I've noticed that WUHU is displaying data only
                    > partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works
                    OK.
                    > There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.
                    > > All the best, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

                  • Chris R. Holt
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                      Just started getting this statement on the WU personal weather station page:

                      "This feature is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."

                      <eugenraduoradea@...> wrote:

                      > Hello Dimitris, I've noticed that WUHU is displaying data only
                      partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works OK.
                      There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.
                      > All the best, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

                    • Rick
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                        City Pages backup Webcams still down Nationwide according to the
                        webcam page

                        Rick
                        KOHWAPAK1

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chris R. Holt"

                        wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,
                        > >> Radu Eugen

                        > >> partially, no graphs or data displayed, instead the google works OK.
                        > >> There must be something wrong with WUHU, a breakdown or something.

                      • Rick
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 31, 2008
                          Cams are back! I think I'm talking to myself here...which isn't
                          abnormal..trust me!

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
                            From another list posted by WU.

                            <<And here is the explanation:

                            I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
                            thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.

                            I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
                            you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
                            circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
                            for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
                            guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.

                            Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
                            fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
                            now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
                            that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
                            instead
                            went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
                            center went out like we'd blown a fuse.

                            I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
                            enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.

                            We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
                            we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
                            fire system over my dead body.

                            -Aaron>>
                          • Rick
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
                              Now that right thar is funny I don't care who you are!! Well it is
                              but but isn't, but his reply was LOL

                              <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                              > From another list posted by WU.
                              >
                              > <<And here is the explanation:
                              >
                              > I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
                              > thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.
                              >
                              > I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
                              > you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
                              > circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
                              > for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
                              > guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.
                              >
                              > Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
                              > fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
                              > now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
                              > that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
                              > instead
                              > went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
                              > center went out like we'd blown a fuse.
                              >
                              > I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
                              > enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.
                              >
                              > We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
                              > we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
                              > fire system over my dead body.
                              >
                              > -Aaron>>

                            • Karl Kingston
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008
                                And what did the Fire Marshall say after everything discharged? "oops!" :)

                                On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, steve_03222 wrote:

                                > From another list posted by WU.
                                >
                                > <<And here is the explanation:
                                >
                                > I'm going to make this brief, because we're not at 100% yet, but I
                                > thought it was only fair to get some info out to the members.
                                >
                                > I have a hard time relating yet ANOTHER outage this month to all of
                                > you without a painful grimace, only because of the completely bizarre
                                > circumstances surrounding all of these outages. I have yet one more
                                > for you. Perhaps nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, but I can
                                > guarantee you that until today no one could expect the Fire Marshal.
                                >
                                > Just before lunch today, the fire marshal showed up to examine the
                                > fire safety systems in one of our data centers. Let me tell you right
                                > now, the fire safety system works. It's awesome in fact. So awesome
                                > that when the fire marshal failed to engage the test mode, and
                                > instead
                                > went right to the "blow smoke at the detector" phase the entire data
                                > center went out like we'd blown a fuse.
                                >
                                > I can tell you right now, that the sound of a silent data center is
                                > enough to make your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.
                                >
                                > We're working on getting everything back up and running. Once again,
                                > we're sorry for the down time, and the fire marshal will "test" our
                                > fire system over my dead body.
                                >
                                > -Aaron>>

                              • Michael Detwiler
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 1, 2008

                                  I'll bet it went something like this....

                                  "What do you boys do around here with all these computers?"...

                                  ...we run a website called Weather Underground...I'm sure you've heard of it.

                                  "So you're like them boys on TV, right?"

                                  ..something like that...

                                  "I'm about done here.....uhhhh, this ain't good...somethins' wrong"

                                  ...dude!!!  I've got like 100,000 people out there sending me weather info that are going to be freaking out!!!  Get outta' here and you can forget testing this system EVER again!!!

                                  Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
                                  www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

                                  Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
                                  WU: KTNCOOKE10
                                  CWOP: CW6361