Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: HeavyWeather as a service

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      Hey Brian,

      The WUHU Service does just that, it tucks WUHU in the background so if you run it on a box that isn't attended, or reboots, the WUHU restarts automagicly.

      You can run the heavyweather as a service also. You just need to install another service for that. (I don't recommend using heavyweather at all)
      The install doesn't say that you can but really you can run any exe as a service with the WUHU Service I wrote.

      I would recommend getting WUHU working, then installing WUHU as a service, configure WUHU as direct serial connection to your weather station, save the settings, shut it down, and start the service.

      WUHU then runs in the background, great on dedicated machines that you don't have to worry about logging into the console to make sure WUHU is running.

      Have any other specific questions, lemme know :]

      -John Liss

      Brian sat down at the console on 7/29/2008 10:28 PM and wrote:
      OK, I'll assume I'm pretty dense in absorbing this kind of thing, but
      I am interested in running WUHU as a service. With that said, can
      someone explain what exactly that means? Does it mean WUHU will run in
      the background, without really showing it is running?

      I've downloaded the file, then I was somehow able to get the WUHU
      Service added as a service (although, I do not believe the installer
      with the package did anything for me...and I wasn't quite clear on the
      instructions). I'm just not sure if it's doing what it's supposed to,
      mostly because I'm not quite sure what that is :)

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thank you.

      Brian
      CW6873

      P.S. I am running in serial mode on WinXP SP2.

      Jeff,

      I have not heard of anyone running HW as a service.

      There are instructions for running WUHU as a service. This would
      require that you dump HW and run WUHU in direct serial mode.

      If you are interested, see the following file in the files section of
      the Yahoo group:

      wuhuservice.zip - WUHU As Service by John Liss.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stvfv_jeff"
      <geoffreygiordano@> wrote:

      Has anyone had any success with running HeavyWeather as a service?
      With srvany?  When I use srvany, the process starts, but seems to hang
      early in it's initialization sequence.  I've tried running as a real
      user and runing as the local system account (with and without

      interact

      with desktop).

      WUHU Download page:

      <*> Your email settings: