Upload problems

  • bftrim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 7:32 PM
      Hi,

      I am new to this group and what I am experiencing has probbly been
      addressed, but... IU have the La Cross 2316 Weather Station. I have
      installed the Heavy Weather Beta 2.0 software and am using WUHU to
      upload my data to Weather Underground. The problem tht I am having is
      that every day, at some point, I start getting errors in my uploads. I
      get a message tht the data is invalid or corrupt. Or I will get mesages
      to the dffect that the readings are outside of the range - or something
      to that effect. And, quite often, Heavy Weather will just rash and ask
      if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. Does anyone kow if they
      are planning on upated software, or a bug fix or something where I can
      make this work. I downloaded a 1-month trial of the WQeather Display
      software and never had a bit of trouble with the data being uploaded to
      Weather Underground. But, I'm cheap and don't want to fork out th $75
      for that program - plus I like the features that Heavy Weather
      provides. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

      Brent
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7 5:16 AM
        If you see dashes on the console (--.- for example), there is
        probably a sensor issue. If you are running wireless, there may be
        interference from other electronics like computers and monitors.
        Ideally you could run in "wired" mode to eliminate that problem.

        If you cannot run wired mode, move the console away from the computer
        and other electronics as possible. Also try locating the console with
        the backside of the console facing the remote sensor.

        I have not seen the error report associated with HW before, but it is
        possible.

        One thing you can try is to not use Heavyweather and use WUHU in
        direct serial mode.

        To do this:

        1) Terminate HW and remove it from the startup folder if you have HW
        running at boot time.

        2) On the main WUHU screen hit the stop button.

        3) In the general setting section, in the first combo box, select WS-
        23XX Direct Serial Access. To the right of the combo, select the
        serial port that the console is connected to.

        4) Hit start.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bftrim" <mymail@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am new to this group and what I am experiencing has probbly been
        > addressed, but... IU have the La Cross 2316 Weather Station. I have
        > installed the Heavy Weather Beta 2.0 software and am using WUHU to
        > upload my data to Weather Underground. The problem tht I am having
        is
        > that every day, at some point, I start getting errors in my
        uploads. I
        > get a message tht the data is invalid or corrupt. Or I will get
        mesages
        > to the dffect that the readings are outside of the range - or
        something
        > to that effect. And, quite often, Heavy Weather will just rash and
        ask
        > if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. Does anyone kow if
        they
        > are planning on upated software, or a bug fix or something where I
        can
        > make this work. I downloaded a 1-month trial of the WQeather
        Display
        > software and never had a bit of trouble with the data being
        uploaded to
        > Weather Underground. But, I'm cheap and don't want to fork out th
        $75
        > for that program - plus I like the features that Heavy Weather
        > provides. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks so much.
        >
        > Brent

      • bftrim
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8 3:56 PM
          I tried your suggestion on going directly to WUHU via the serial
          port. Got the same problem. Here are some of the error message that I
          am getting:

          Tue Jul 08 15:37:10 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
          console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
          Tue Jul 08 15:38:13 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
          console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
          Tue Jul 08 15:39:00 2008 > Outdoor temperature reading of 177.6 F
          detected. Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
          Tue Jul 08 15:39:00 2008 > Outdoor humidity reading of 110.0 percent
          detected. Value out of range (1 to 100).
          Tue Jul 08 15:39:00 2008 > Dewpoint reading of 181.9 F detected.
          Value out of range (-82.0 to 157.8).
          Tue Jul 08 15:39:00 2008 > Windchill reading of 1355.9 F detected.
          Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
          Tue Jul 08 15:39:00 2008 > One or more data items could not be
          automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
          <end>

          But the readings on my weather station console never read those
          extremely high temps and humidity. I could sure use some advice.
          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8 4:05 PM
            Are you running in Wireless or Wired mode.

            wrote:

> [...]
            > > > to that effect. And, quite often, Heavy Weather will just rash
            > and
            > > ask
            > > > if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. Does anyone kow
            > if
            > > they
            > > > are planning on upated software, or a bug fix or something
            where
            > > can
            > > > make this work. I downloaded a 1-month trial of the WQeather
            > > Display
            > > > software and never had a bit of trouble with the data being
            > > uploaded to
            > > > Weather Underground. But, I'm cheap and don't want to fork out
            th
            > > $75
            > > > for that program - plus I like the features that Heavy Weather
            > > > provides. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8 4:09 PM
              If your in wireless mode, I get those wacked out readings when my
              batteries start to die, if not I have no idea what it might be.

              Rick
              KOHWAPAK1
              http://www.wapakweather.com/