Re: Beta 46. Built in FTP transfers.

  • utahweatherbear
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2008
      got it working using the action file and it's great! nice how you can
      limit the ftp uploads to every minute or whatever by clicking the "on
      update seconds" option. the 3-5 second upload seemed a bit stressed.
      anyway, just needed to remember to reverse my slashes when sending to
      the web from "\" to "/" and it worked like a charm.

      Thanx, dan

> [...]
      >
      > Once you have an action file, you can enter as many actions as you
      want.
      > There is no limit.
      >
      > You can have comment lines in the file by using a semicolon (;) as
      the
      > first character. You can also use the keyword REM.
      >
      > So you could have in the file:
      >
      > ;
      > ; Process the template file.
      > ;
      > template:"C:\web\startlogic\weather\inputwx.htm"
      > "C:\web\startlogic\weather\wxstation.htm"
      > ;
      > ; Upload the file to my FTP server.
      > ;
      > ftp://dan:fido@... <ftp://dan:fido@...>
      > "C:\web\startlogic\weather\wxstation.htm" "\wxstation.htm"
      > ;
      > ; Do something else...
      > ;
      >
      > Let me know if you need help with the action file.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
      > <utahweatherbear@> wrote:
      > >
      > > WUHU, would love to give the new ftp feature a try. However, I am
      > > currently using the "on wx update" / "action on activation" line
      > > create my template:

      template:"C:\web\startlogic\weather\inputwx.htm" "C:\web\startlogic\we
      > > ather\wxstation.htm"
      > >
      > > Will I be able to add the ftp command within this same box/line
      with
      > > some kind of separator?
      > >
      > > Thanx, dan

      > > wuhu_software@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > All,
      > > >
      > > > I have added support for FTP transfers within the WUHU
      application
      > > so
      > > > that you do not need an external application to perform uploads
      of
      > > files
      > > > to your personal webspace. The FTP transfers are queued up when
      > > they are
      > > > encountered in the actions and are performed asynchronously
      with the
      > > > existing functions of WUHU (gathering console data, uploading,
      etc).

      > > > Beware that these FTP uploads are not secure. That means that if
      > > someone
      > > > is able to packet sniff your connection (like on cable), they
      could
      > > get
      > > > access to your user name and password that you are using to
      perform
      > > the
      > > > transfer. In the future I will support either SFTP or FTPS
      > > (prefered)
      > > > that will encrypt this information.
      > > >
      > > > In order to transfer files using a regular interval, you must
      use
      > > the
      > > > following action in the 'On Weather Update' action. To use how
      > > learn
      > > > actions, see the user manual.
      > > >
      > > > Here is the format of the action that is now supported under
      B46:

      <http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32_B46.zip>

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2008
        Dan,

        Yes, it is probably a good idea to use the 'On update seconds' to
        limit the FTP uploads as you say. We should probably mention that in
        the user guide when the FTP stuff gets added.

        Thanks for the feed back.