Re: Davis Systems Supported by WUHU

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1 5:53 AM
      Interesting,
      Our county has an awesome emergency communications trailer complete
      with a weather station on a mast that cranks up when at the scene.
      Has lots of other neat things also.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
      <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

      > Appreciate the insight. It'd be great if we could get the WM II
      and the Wizard 3 to communicate. Until our Emergency OPS Center
      gets in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck
      with these. Let me know what you find out.

      > Thanks

    • Michael Detwiler
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1 6:37 AM

        Steve:

        That's pretty interesting...can you snap a photo of it sometime and e-mail it to me???

        ~Michael

        Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
        www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

        Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
        WU: KTNCOOKE10
        CWOP: CW6361
        HAMWEATHER: COOKEVILLE

        CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
        SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter

        The Weather Guy

        &uarr; Grab this Headline Animator

        target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com

        ----

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1 1:07 PM
          Michael,
          Might be a while before I see it again. The county seat where it is
          stored is quite a ways from here. I have seen it twice recently. We
          had an ACC drill in a neighboring town and a Triathalon in town,
          both times the communications trailer was in use. It is fairly new,
          purchased with Federal funds. Has everything including the kitchen
          sink.
          Here is a picture of it, can not see the weather station, it is on
          the back side.
          http://www.graftoncountysheriff.net/dispatch.htm
          Big screen TV inside, side projection to a large outside screen
          also. Satalite phone and internet, broadcasts out a wireless
          internet signal, also has cell phone capability and can distribute
          all phone lines.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1 2:35 PM
            Michael,

            I have a couple of questions about those stations.

            Do you know any of the following?

            1) Do the stations have a logger? If so, have you set the logging
            interval? It appears that the Davis DLL does assume that the station
            has a logger but I do not know anything about these stations.

            2) Do you know the inches of water per tip of the rain bucket? I
            would guess it would default to .1 In?

            3) Do you know the baud rate of the consoles and do you know how to
            set that? It should be a value like 1200 or 2400.

            4) Do you use a version of Weatherlink to communicate with the
            station?

            Thanks.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
            <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

            > Appreciate the insight. It'd be great if we could get the WM II
            and the Wizard 3 to communicate. Until our Emergency OPS Center gets
            in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck with
            these. Let me know what you find out.

            > Thanks

          • Michael Detwiler