Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Davis Systems Supported by WUHU

  • Michael Detwiler
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008

       Appreciate the insight.  It'd be great if we could get the WM II and the Wizard 3 to communicate.  Until our Emergency OPS Center gets in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck with these.  Let me know what you find out.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
        Interesting,
        Our county has an awesome emergency communications trailer complete
        with a weather station on a mast that cranks up when at the scene.
        Has lots of other neat things also.
        Steve

      • Michael Detwiler
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008

          Steve:

          That's pretty interesting...can you snap a photo of it sometime and e-mail it to me???

          ~Michael

          Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
          www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

          Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
          WU: KTNCOOKE10
          CWOP: CW6361
          HAMWEATHER: COOKEVILLE

          CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
          SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter

          The Weather Guy

          &uarr; Grab this Headline Animator

          target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com

          ----

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
            Michael,
            Might be a while before I see it again. The county seat where it is
            stored is quite a ways from here. I have seen it twice recently. We
            had an ACC drill in a neighboring town and a Triathalon in town,
            both times the communications trailer was in use. It is fairly new,
            purchased with Federal funds. Has everything including the kitchen
            sink.
            Here is a picture of it, can not see the weather station, it is on
            the back side.
            http://www.graftoncountysheriff.net/dispatch.htm
            Big screen TV inside, side projection to a large outside screen
            also. Satalite phone and internet, broadcasts out a wireless
            internet signal, also has cell phone capability and can distribute
            all phone lines.
            Steve

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
              Michael,

              I have a couple of questions about those stations.

              Do you know any of the following?

              1) Do the stations have a logger? If so, have you set the logging
              interval? It appears that the Davis DLL does assume that the station
              has a logger but I do not know anything about these stations.

              2) Do you know the inches of water per tip of the rain bucket? I
              would guess it would default to .1 In?

              3) Do you know the baud rate of the consoles and do you know how to
              set that? It should be a value like 1200 or 2400.

              4) Do you use a version of Weatherlink to communicate with the
              station?

              Thanks.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
              <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

              > Appreciate the insight. It'd be great if we could get the WM II
              and the Wizard 3 to communicate. Until our Emergency OPS Center gets
              in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck with
              these. Let me know what you find out.

              > Thanks

            • Michael Detwiler