WUHU Data captured and sent to WU/CWOP

  • ripvanbrown
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
      I'm currently using Heavy Weather along with WUHU for my data upload to
      WU & CWOP. I noticed today that Heavy Weather recorded a 41.8 mph wind
      gust, while WU and CWOP are only recording a peak wind gust of 22.1 mph.

      Since I am set up for Rapid Fire on WUHU, is there any reason that WUHU
      isn't recording the higher wind gust? Is this true for all other
      recorded data as well (that some values aren't being transmitted)? Is
      there a way to have the values transmitted?

      [Pardon my ignorance on the matter. I'm still a rookie at this!]

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
        If Heavyweather reported the wind via the currdat.lst, then WUHU
        should have picked it up.

        The Heavyweather application will write the file once per minute,
        what it decides to do with values seen between each write, I am not
        sure.

        It is possible that it will not write every gust value it reads.

        You might try using direct serial mode.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ripvanbrown"
        <rascubalon@...> wrote:

        > I'm currently using Heavy Weather along with WUHU for my data
        upload to
        > WU & CWOP. I noticed today that Heavy Weather recorded a 41.8 mph
        wind
        > gust, while WU and CWOP are only recording a peak wind gust of 22.1
        mph.

        > Since I am set up for Rapid Fire on WUHU, is there any reason that
        WUHU
        > isn't recording the higher wind gust? Is this true for all other
        > recorded data as well (that some values aren't being transmitted)?
        Is
        > there a way to have the values transmitted?
        >
        > [Pardon my ignorance on the matter. I'm still a rookie at this!]
        >
        > Thanks!

      • ripvanbrown
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          Would Direct Serial Mode have reported the data? I'm already set up
          for Rapid Fire, which I thought captured all data.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
            It is impossible to say for certain although I would guess that it
            more likely to catch more readings when using direct serial mode
            (perferably with wired-mode).