Davis Systems Supported by WUHU

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29, 2008
      Hey Gang:

      Was wondering what other Davis systems the WUHU software would be
      compatible with? Noticed the list only had the VP2 on it.

      Thanks...
    • Michael Detwiler
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008

        I found out the names of the two models I'm looking to see if the fantastic WUHU software supports...

        One is the Davis Weather Monitor II and the other is the Davis Weather Wizard III.....it is for our Emergency Operations Center here in our town.  They'd like to get the information sent out on the web and I offered my help.  A new center is under construction and will have all new equipment (eventually!).

        thoughts?

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008
          Michael,
          I do not believe that those stations have any output to pick up.
          Could be wrong though.
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
          <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

          > I found out the names of the two models I'm looking to see if the
          fantastic WUHU software supports...
          > One is the Davis Weather Monitor II and the other is the Davis
          Weather Wizard III.....it is for our Emergency Operations Center
          here in our town.  They'd like to get the information sent out on
          the web and I offered my help.  A new center is under construction
          and will have all new equipment (eventually!).
          > thoughts?

        • Michael Detwiler
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008
            Steve:

            What would your advice?  Dump 'em and get something newer? :)

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008
              Michael, Really not sure what you are looking for.
              If you want to upload data somewhere, you will need a system that
              outputs to a computer. I still like my Lacrosse 2310 and it is much
              cheaper than a Davis, even when I added the Inspeed Vortex wind
              speed sensor.
              I also like the WMR968 for the money, simply because you are not
              limited by any cables.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008
                Michael,

                I am using the Vantage Pro DLL 2.3 to communicate with their stations.

                It says that it supports:

                "Vantage Pro, Vantage Pro2 or Envoy system and Weatherlink for
                Vantage Pro."

                There is another DLL on their site that says it supports:

                "Contains the file "weatherlink.dll" and related files. This 32-bit
                DLL can be used on Windows 95, 98 and NT platforms. It can
                communicate with Monitor II, Wizard III, II, IIs and Perception
                stations."

                I will have to investigate that DLL to see what functions are
                available.

                DLL page at Davis:

                http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/software_dllsdk.asp

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                > I found out the names of the two models I'm looking to see if the
                fantastic WUHU software supports...
                > One is the Davis Weather Monitor II and the other is the Davis
                Weather Wizard III.....it is for our Emergency Operations Center here
                in our town.  They'd like to get the information sent out on the web
                and I offered my help.  A new center is under construction and will
                have all new equipment (eventually!).
                > thoughts?

              • Michael Detwiler
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30, 2008

                   Appreciate the insight.  It'd be great if we could get the WM II and the Wizard 3 to communicate.  Until our Emergency OPS Center gets in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck with these.  Let me know what you find out.

                  Thanks

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
                    Interesting,
                    Our county has an awesome emergency communications trailer complete
                    with a weather station on a mast that cranks up when at the scene.
                    Has lots of other neat things also.

                  • Michael Detwiler
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008

                      Steve:

                      That's pretty interesting...can you snap a photo of it sometime and e-mail it to me???

                      ~Michael

                      Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
                      www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

                      Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
                      WU: KTNCOOKE10
                      CWOP: CW6361
                      HAMWEATHER: COOKEVILLE

                      CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
                      SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter

                      The Weather Guy

                      &uarr; Grab this Headline Animator

                      target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com

                      ----

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
                        Michael,
                        Might be a while before I see it again. The county seat where it is
                        stored is quite a ways from here. I have seen it twice recently. We
                        had an ACC drill in a neighboring town and a Triathalon in town,
                        both times the communications trailer was in use. It is fairly new,
                        purchased with Federal funds. Has everything including the kitchen
                        sink.
                        Here is a picture of it, can not see the weather station, it is on
                        the back side.
                        http://www.graftoncountysheriff.net/dispatch.htm
                        Big screen TV inside, side projection to a large outside screen
                        also. Satalite phone and internet, broadcasts out a wireless
                        internet signal, also has cell phone capability and can distribute
                        all phone lines.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
                          Michael,

                          I have a couple of questions about those stations.

                          Do you know any of the following?

                          1) Do the stations have a logger? If so, have you set the logging
                          interval? It appears that the Davis DLL does assume that the station
                          has a logger but I do not know anything about these stations.

                          2) Do you know the inches of water per tip of the rain bucket? I
                          would guess it would default to .1 In?

                          3) Do you know the baud rate of the consoles and do you know how to
                          set that? It should be a value like 1200 or 2400.

                          4) Do you use a version of Weatherlink to communicate with the
                          station?

                          Thanks.

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                          <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                          > Appreciate the insight. It'd be great if we could get the WM II
                          and the Wizard 3 to communicate. Until our Emergency OPS Center gets
                          in their new building with the new Davis system, we are stuck with
                          these. Let me know what you find out.

                          > Thanks

                        • Michael Detwiler