Re: Another WU?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
      Juha,

      Thanks for posting.

      Perhaps we need to make a folder in the Files section that is for
      templates such as this.

      If we store the templates as simple .txt files, users can download
      the templates and use them immediately without having to re-format
      the template from posted messages.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti
      <jjantti2@...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > We have this same project running in Finland, known as "Nordic
      Weather
      > Network", which implements a station list from Finland, Sweden and
      Norway.

      > Here's a link to see the map:
      >
      > http://www.nordicweather.net/index.php?sivu=100&lang=en
      >
      > I was one behind in getting WUHU users online in the Nordic Weather
      > Network, so after discovering the growing interest among WUHU users
      > here, I decided it's best shared with my fellow WUHU users, too :)
      >
      > This is the template I'm using in WUHU-WX.txt which is the Template
      > input file:
      >
      > --Begin--
      > %[time2]time_24hr_hour%:%[time2]time_minutes%,%[time2]time_day%/%
      [time2]time_month%/%[time2]time_year_no_century%,%
      [outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,---,%[windchill]deg_C%,%[outdoor_humidity]
      percent%,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,%
      [hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%,%[wind_speed]
      mps%,%[wind_direction]name%,%[rain_24h]mm%
      > -- End --
      >
      > The output looks like this in the output file:
      >
      > --Begin--
      > 16:51,05/06/08,24.4,---,24.6,33.0,7.0,1018.63,Falling,1.3,NNE,0.00
      > -- End --
      >
      > Those three dashes in one of the output fields need to be there,
      since
      > it is for the Heat Index, which doesn't exist as a standalone value.
      > WUHU calculates the Heat Index to the Windchill value, changing the
      > field automatically to Heat Index value as soon as outdoor
      temperature
      > rises above 50°F (+10°C).
      >
      > I'm using this template to cast out live data to the Nordic map and
      it
      > works flawlessly, so I think this template will fit like a glove to
      > other similar networks.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Juha
      > Weather Station Operator
      > FinWX Station HELKan-1
      > Operating Finland's first Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 Station.
      > Helsinki, Finland
      > CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dan,
      > >
      > > It might work. I am guessing the author of the template knows
      what
      > > each field should be.
      > >
      > > There are a couple things that look odd, like the date in the
      form of
      > > day/month/year rather than month/day/year or year/month/day, but
      > > guess the website owner must know that.
      > >
      > > For heat index and windchill, I would use the windchill (which is
      > > really apparent tempeature) for both fields. Heat index and wind
      > > chill are exclusive, so the use of apparent temperature makes
      more
      > > sense.
      > >
      > > It appears that the last field in the template is rainfall over
      the
      > > past 24 hours rather than daily rainfall?
      > >
      > > It would be nice to see the definition of each field for
      > > documentation purposes (ie. the units for each field) along with
      > > sample output line.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
      > > <utahweatherbear@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > will this work wuhu?
      > > >
      > > > http://www.northwesternweather.net/instructions.php#wuhu
      > > >
      > > > Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU) Configuration
      > > >
      > > > NOTE! Needs WUHU 216 Beta 40 or newer !!
      > > >
      > > > Save the file WUHU_stickertags.txt to folder of your choice.
      > > >
      > > > Expand WUHU and click the Alerts/Actions-button. A new window
      will
      > > > appear.
      > > >
      > > > In Main Action/Alert, select Enable Actions and Repetitions and
      set
      > > > the value for Selections to 1.
      > > >
      > > > In WUHU Operation Alarms/Actions, select On Weather Update. If
      you
      > > > want to update the file ie. every 2 minutes, select also On
      Update
      > > > Seconds and set the value to 120.
      > > >
      > > > Click on Sound/Action-button (below Weather Update). A new
      window
      > > > will appear.
      > > >
      > > > Write the next string in Action on Activation:
      > > > template:"X:\(where_you_have_saved_WUHU_stickertags.txt)\WUHU-
      > > > stickertags.txt" "X:\(where_you_want_to_save_the_file)
      > > > \WU_stickertags.txt"
      > > > X: is the partition-letter. The above string is an example,
      > > configure
      > > > to match your own computer.
      > > >
      > > > Confirm by clicking OK
      > > >
      > > > Save the changes with Save Changes
      > > >
      > > > Simply join and we will take it from there.
      > > >
      > > > You should be able to see your file in action at
      > > > www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WU_stickertags.txt
      > > >
      > > > dan

      > > > want.

      > > > the