Re: my wuhu data disapeared

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
      mitchell,

      That is what I wanted.

      I do not see your history beyond the last month or so.

      Did you create more than 1 station ID at WU?

      I checked KGALULA2 and although the account existed, no data was seen.

      I also checked KGALULA4, but that did not appear to be active.

      Did you move or change the city associated with your station?

      Double check your stations by logging in to the WU page then click
      the 'My Stations' link at the left side of the page.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell" <mtm81989@...>
      wrote:

      > im guessing this is what you mean. KGALULA3. but if its not tell me.

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >

      > > What is your Weather Underground ID?
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell"
      <mtm81989@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > ok i have been uploading since dec. 18, 2006 and i went on the
      > > website
      > > > the other day and i went to the graphs to look at how this
      years
      > > > temperatures were doing so far. well it pulled up and was
      showing
      > > that
      > > > i had only been uploading since may 20. i dont know why a year
      > and
      > > half
      > > > worth of data would just disapear. help PLEASE.

    • mitchell
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
        no i only made one account. i didnt change the city at all. i havent
        changed anything on the account. i know the data was there because
        about a week before the data disapeared i was looking back at last
        year to see how that year compared to this year.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
          It sure does appear that your data is no longer in the WU database.

          I checked my station data for last year and all appeared to be fine.

          Perhaps this is a WU database issue?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
            so what can i do?

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
              I think you will have to wait until John can take a look at your
              station in their database.

              Perhaps it is a temporary situtation.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008

                I just checked your station history, 2007 seems to have re-appeared:

                http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KGALULA3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                  cool. ya all the data came back. thanks. but i wonder why it
                  disapeared in the first place.

                  > I just checked your station history, 2007 seems to have re-appeared:
                  >
                  > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
                  ID=KGALULA\
                  > 3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year
                  > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
                  ID=KGALUL\
                  > A3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year>

                  > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I think you will have to wait until John can take a look at your
                  > > station in their database.
                  > >
                  > > Perhaps it is a temporary situtation.
                  > >

                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell" mtm81989@
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > so what can i do?

                  > > database.

                  > > fine.

                  > > <mtm81989@>

                  > > > because
                  > > > last

                  > > > was

                  wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

                  > > > on
                  > > > this
                  > > was

                • John Celenza
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                    Hi,

                    Steve Gunn got my attention this morning about the missing data! Sorry
                    for missing your message, I have been recovering from a surgery, so
                    I've been quite groggy :-)

                    Your data wasn't removed, but there are intermediate files here that
                    somehow got corrupted, I need to find the cause of this bug, as it
                    happens every once in awhile. Easy to recover, but annoying!

                    -John

                    John Celenza
                    Director of Weather Technology
                    Phone (415) 543-5022 x105