Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU History.dat format?

  • Syd Kahn
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
      If you look at the dates - one is 5/30 and the other 6/02 - sigh...

      in actuality - this are the wo lines that do the work

      double

      ts = br.ReadDouble();
      S.Timestamp =
      DateTime.FromOADate(ts);
      On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM, scruzphreak <ms@...> wrote:

      C# gives 5/30/2008 20:00, and the lst file says its Mon Jun
      02 01:07:01 2008 -
      <<

      You're off by 5 hours. What time zone are you in? Are you in eastern
      time (GMT-5)?

      What C# routine are you using to parse the date?

      -ms

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Syd" <sydkahn@...> wrote:

      > It looks like i will have to fall back to using either the LST file
      or
      > mock up a template.
      >
      > C# has a problem converting the date from the dat file. I am using
      the
      > FromOADate function of the datetime type and its not converting the
      date
      > properly. C# gives 5/30/2008 20:00, and the lst file says its Mon
      Jun
      > 02 01:07:01 2008 - I'll have to work on that.
      >
      > In the mean time i looked at the LST file and it has just about
      every
      > kind of conversion of every data point - shame its in the INI file
      > format - The coder in me wants to do an INI to XML convertion and
      then
      > some sort of XSLT - before you say it - i know i can do the same
      thing
      > with a template - but whats the fun in that?
      >
      > Thanks for the super software, without it could not do any of this
      > easily.

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Syd,
      > >
      > > There are several ways to access the weather data from WUHU.
      > >
      > > 1) Parse the history.dat file output by WUHU. You could monitor
      this
      > > file for changes then read the last fixed-length record to get the
      > > latest data.
      > >
      > > 2) You could output a CSV file using a template and On Update
      Action.

      http://www.Whatididwas.com , http://www.sydkahn.com ,
      http://whatididwas.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
        Syd,

        Which field in the INI file are you reading to extract the timestamp?

        Is it the following?

        [time]
        last_actualisation = 3421587681

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Syd Kahn" <sydkahn@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
          I am going directly to the dat file - reading the binary data. Like this:

          public struct HwProStruct
              {
                  public DateTime Timestamp;       //00    Double [8]  Timestamp          days from 12/30/1899 00:00:00 (GMT)
                  public float AbsPressure;      //08    Float  [4]  Abs Pressure       hectopascals (millibars)
                  public float RelativePressure; //12    Float  [4]  Relative Pressure  hectopascals (millibars)
                  public float WindSpeed;      //16    Float  [4]  Wind Speed         meters/second
                  public ulong WindDirection;    //20    ULong  [4]  Wind Direction     see below
                  public float WindGust;         //24    Float  [4]  Wind Gust          meters/second
                  public float TotalRainfall;    //28    Float  [4]  Total Rainfall     millimeters
                  public float NewRainfall;      //32    Float  [4]  New Rainfall       millimeters
                  public float IndoorTemp;       //36    Float  [4]  Indoor Temp        celsius
                  public float OutdoorTemp;      //40    Float  [4]  Outdoor Temp       celsius
                  public float IndoorHumidity;   //44    Float  [4]  Indoor Humidity    %
                  public float OutdoorHumidity;  //48    Float  [4]  Outdoor Humidity   %
                  public float Unknown;          //52    ULong  [4]  unknown            - (Value is always 0)

                  public static HwProStruct FromBinaryReaderField(BinaryReader br)
                  {
                      HwProStruct s = new HwProStruct();
                      double ts = br.ReadDouble();
                      s.Timestamp = DateTime.FromOADate(ts);
                      //s.Timestamp = DateTime.FromOADate(br.ReadDouble());
                      //DateTime d = Convert.ToDateTime(s.Timestamp);
                      s.AbsPressure = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.RelativePressure = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.WindSpeed = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.WindDirection = br.ReadUInt32();
                      s.WindGust = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.TotalRainfall = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.NewRainfall = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.IndoorTemp = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.OutdoorTemp = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.IndoorHumidity = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.OutdoorHumidity = br.ReadSingle();
                      s.Unknown = br.ReadUInt32();
                      return s;
                  }

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
            Syd,

            Here is the function used to convert from time_t to double.

            As I recall, La Crosse did something weird like adjusting the time to
            GMT local time.

            If you figure it out, let me know.

            ---

            double Convert_time_t_To_DateTime2(time_t vtime_t)

            {
            double fresult;
            // 25569 days from Saturday, December 30, 1899 to Sunday, January 1,
            1970 (where time_t seconds counts from)
            double fDeltaDays = 25569 + (vtime_t / (60 * 60 * 24));
            double fFractionDays = (vtime_t % (60 * 60 * 24)) / (double)(60 * 60 *
            24);
            fresult = fDeltaDays+fFractionDays;
            return (fresult);
            }