Re: WUHU History.dat format?

  • fikkaud
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
      I'm monitoring the currdat.lst on update, and updating a MySql
      database every 5min.
      Then sky's the limit when it comes to presenting and pulling stats
      on the web.

      I wrote a PERL script to accomplish the data storage, and pull what
      I need for my website with php.

      regards
      Audun
      http://vindkast.no

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "scruzphreak" <ms@...>
      wrote:

      > C# gives 5/30/2008 20:00, and the lst file says its Mon Jun
      > 02 01:07:01 2008 -
      > <<
      >
      > You're off by 5 hours. What time zone are you in? Are you in
      eastern
      > time (GMT-5)?
      >
      > What C# routine are you using to parse the date?
      >
      > -ms
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Syd" <sydkahn@> wrote:
      > >

      > > It looks like i will have to fall back to using either the LST
      file
      > or
      > > mock up a template.
      > >
      > > C# has a problem converting the date from the dat file. I am
      using
      > the
      > > FromOADate function of the datetime type and its not converting
      the
      > date
      > > properly. C# gives 5/30/2008 20:00, and the lst file says its
      Mon
      > Jun
      > > 02 01:07:01 2008 - I'll have to work on that.
      > >
      > > In the mean time i looked at the LST file and it has just about
      > every
      > > kind of conversion of every data point - shame its in the INI
      file
      > > format - The coder in me wants to do an INI to XML convertion
      and
      > then
      > > some sort of XSLT - before you say it - i know i can do the same
      > thing
      > > with a template - but whats the fun in that?
      > >
      > > Thanks for the super software, without it could not do any of
      this
      > > easily.

      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Syd,
      > > >
      > > > There are several ways to access the weather data from WUHU.
      > > >
      > > > 1) Parse the history.dat file output by WUHU. You could
      monitor
      > this
      > > > file for changes then read the last fixed-length record to get
      the
      > > > latest data.
      > > >
      > > > 2) You could output a CSV file using a template and On Update
      > Action.
      > > > The target file can be re-written or appended.
      > > >
      > > > 3) You can use an action (On Update Data action) to send live
      > data to
      > > > your web server. Using replacement strings, you can send a URL
      > > > containing live data.
      > > >
      > > > I guess the method of data retrieval depends on whether or not
      you
      > > > want the live data or archived data as well.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Syd" sydkahn@

      > some
      > > > need
      > > > the

      > underground
      > something a

      > vb6
      > basis
      > > > as

      > the
      > > > Weather

      > want to
      > format
      > > > of

      > processes
      > > > using?

      > in

    • Syd Kahn
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
        If you look at the dates - one is 5/30 and the other 6/02 - sigh...

        in actuality - this are the wo lines that do the work

        double

        ts = br.ReadDouble();
        S.Timestamp =
        DateTime.FromOADate(ts);

        http://www.Whatididwas.com , http://www.sydkahn.com ,
        http://whatididwas.blogspot.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
          Syd,

          Which field in the INI file are you reading to extract the timestamp?

          Is it the following?

          [time]
          last_actualisation = 3421587681

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Syd Kahn" <sydkahn@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
            I am going directly to the dat file - reading the binary data. Like this:

            public struct HwProStruct
                {
                    public DateTime Timestamp;       //00    Double [8]  Timestamp          days from 12/30/1899 00:00:00 (GMT)
                    public float AbsPressure;      //08    Float  [4]  Abs Pressure       hectopascals (millibars)
                    public float RelativePressure; //12    Float  [4]  Relative Pressure  hectopascals (millibars)
                    public float WindSpeed;      //16    Float  [4]  Wind Speed         meters/second
                    public ulong WindDirection;    //20    ULong  [4]  Wind Direction     see below
                    public float WindGust;         //24    Float  [4]  Wind Gust          meters/second
                    public float TotalRainfall;    //28    Float  [4]  Total Rainfall     millimeters
                    public float NewRainfall;      //32    Float  [4]  New Rainfall       millimeters
                    public float IndoorTemp;       //36    Float  [4]  Indoor Temp        celsius
                    public float OutdoorTemp;      //40    Float  [4]  Outdoor Temp       celsius
                    public float IndoorHumidity;   //44    Float  [4]  Indoor Humidity    %
                    public float OutdoorHumidity;  //48    Float  [4]  Outdoor Humidity   %
                    public float Unknown;          //52    ULong  [4]  unknown            - (Value is always 0)

                    public static HwProStruct FromBinaryReaderField(BinaryReader br)
                    {
                        HwProStruct s = new HwProStruct();
                        double ts = br.ReadDouble();
                        s.Timestamp = DateTime.FromOADate(ts);
                        //s.Timestamp = DateTime.FromOADate(br.ReadDouble());
                        //DateTime d = Convert.ToDateTime(s.Timestamp);
                        s.AbsPressure = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.RelativePressure = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.WindSpeed = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.WindDirection = br.ReadUInt32();
                        s.WindGust = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.TotalRainfall = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.NewRainfall = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.IndoorTemp = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.OutdoorTemp = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.IndoorHumidity = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.OutdoorHumidity = br.ReadSingle();
                        s.Unknown = br.ReadUInt32();
                        return s;
                    }

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
              Syd,

              Here is the function used to convert from time_t to double.

              As I recall, La Crosse did something weird like adjusting the time to
              GMT local time.

              If you figure it out, let me know.

              ---

              double Convert_time_t_To_DateTime2(time_t vtime_t)

              {
              double fresult;
              // 25569 days from Saturday, December 30, 1899 to Sunday, January 1,
              1970 (where time_t seconds counts from)
              double fDeltaDays = 25569 + (vtime_t / (60 * 60 * 24));
              double fFractionDays = (vtime_t % (60 * 60 * 24)) / (double)(60 * 60 *
              24);
              fresult = fDeltaDays+fFractionDays;
              return (fresult);
              }