Transfering weather station info form old pc to new one

  • H Chocky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hi, I hope you can help - firstly let me apologise if this is a really
      dumb question but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice with computers.....
      Anyway - I have a WS2300 weather station and have been saving info on a
      laptop - I now have a new laptop which I hope to be able to do more with
      and more with the weather station info(as it's just been sitting there uselessly up until now)
       - but I don't know how to transfer the history already stored (about 2 yrs worth)
      on the old pc to the new one??
      Any help (in idiots language please!!) would be very gratefully
      received - I tried the manual but couldn't find anything to help me.

      Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me -
      if this is not really a matter you are set up to help with then I apologise for
      troubling you but if you could advise me where else I could try I would be
      really grateful.

      Thanks again

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
        H,

        If you are running Heavyweather to collect the history, I believe the
        history.dat file is located under C:\Heavyweather.

        You basically need to copy the history.dat to some other device (USB
        thumb drive, CD rom, etc) and on to the new machine in the
        C:\Heavyweather directory.

        If you are not familiar with moving a file from one computer to
        another, find a friend that knows there way around a PC.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, H Chocky <h.chocky@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, I hope you can help - firstly let me apologise if this is a
        really
        > dumb question but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice with
        computers.....
        > Anyway - I have a WS2300 weather station and have been saving info
        on a
        > laptop - I now have a new laptop which I hope to be able to do more
        with
        > and more with the weather station info(as it's just been sitting
        there uselessly up until now)
        >  - but I don't know how to transfer the history already stored
        (about 2 yrs worth)
        > on the old pc to the new one??
        > Any help (in idiots language please!!) would be very gratefully
        > received - I tried the manual but couldn't find anything to help
        me.
        > Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you may be able
        to give me -
        > if this is not really a matter you are set up to help with then I
        apologise for
        > troubling you but if you could advise me where else I could try I
        would be
        > really grateful.
        > Thanks again

      • h.chocky
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
          Thanks very much - will get someone with USB dongle so can save and
          transfer data as old pc is so old it has no CD writer!!!
          Thanks again - look forward to being able to do more with my info on
          my new pc!!!