Re: WS2310 suddenly not communicating with WUHU

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3 7:39 AM
      Kathy,

      I should have clarified my earlier questions.

      Since your problem is intermittent, you will need to wait until WUHU
      is generating errors then look to the console to see if the wind data
      is showing up on the console.

      Also note whether other data is present when this is happening. We
      need to isolate whether this is a remote thermo sensor problem or a
      wind sensor only problem.

      > Kathy,
      >
      > Does the wind speed and direction show up on the console? If not,
      > this might indicate that the wind sensor has failed for some reason.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy L Barnes (nee
      > Sanborn)" <barnkat@> wrote:
      > >
      > > OK, I run WUHU directly (not through Heavyweather) using my
      LaCross
      > > WS2310. It has run fine until this past week, when suddenly I
      > started
      > > getting constant error messages such as these:
      > >
      > > Mon Jun 02 17:04:23 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM1.
      > > Mon Jun 02 17:04:23 2008 > Port COM1 re-opened successfully,
      > > attempting to resume communications.
      > > Mon Jun 02 17:05:19 2008 > An error occurred reading the wind
      speed
      > > and direction from the console.
      > >
      > > and
      > >
      > > Mon Jun 02 20:12:32 2008 > An error occurred reading the wind
      speed
      > > and direction from the console.
      > > Mon Jun 02 20:12:32 2008 > Time to next console communication:
      5000