Re: Another WU?

  • utahweatherbear
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
      will this work wuhu?

      http://www.northwesternweather.net/instructions.php#wuhu

      Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU) Configuration

      NOTE! Needs WUHU 216 Beta 40 or newer !!

      Save the file WUHU_stickertags.txt to folder of your choice.

      Expand WUHU and click the Alerts/Actions-button. A new window will
      appear.

      In Main Action/Alert, select Enable Actions and Repetitions and set
      the value for Selections to 1.

      In WUHU Operation Alarms/Actions, select On Weather Update. If you
      want to update the file ie. every 2 minutes, select also On Update
      Seconds and set the value to 120.

      Click on Sound/Action-button (below Weather Update). A new window
      will appear.

      Write the next string in Action on Activation:
      template:"X:\(where_you_have_saved_WUHU_stickertags.txt)\WUHU-
      stickertags.txt" "X:\(where_you_want_to_save_the_file)
      \WU_stickertags.txt"
      X: is the partition-letter. The above string is an example, configure
      to match your own computer.

      Confirm by clicking OK

      Save the changes with Save Changes

      Simply join and we will take it from there.

      You should be able to see your file in action at
      www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WU_stickertags.txt

      dan

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
        Dan,

        It might work. I am guessing the author of the template knows what
        each field should be.

        There are a couple things that look odd, like the date in the form of
        day/month/year rather than month/day/year or year/month/day, but I
        guess the website owner must know that.

        For heat index and windchill, I would use the windchill (which is
        really apparent tempeature) for both fields. Heat index and wind
        chill are exclusive, so the use of apparent temperature makes more
        sense.

        It appears that the last field in the template is rainfall over the
        past 24 hours rather than daily rainfall?

        It would be nice to see the definition of each field for
        documentation purposes (ie. the units for each field) along with a
        sample output line.

        <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

> [...]
        you
        > > on
        > > > the mesomap.
        > > >
        > > > It's unfortunate, because I think that South Ogden would fill
        in
        > > > little hole above Olympus Cove, and we need more UT members.
        > > >
        > > > If I'm mistaken in your software use and you can upload our
        data
        > > file
        > > > to your website, or if you decide to start using one of the
        other
        > > > programs, let me know. The other main requirement of membership
        > in
        > > > the SWN is that you have a Southwestern Weather Network link on
        > > your
        > > > weather home page that links to another page on your site with
        > info
        > > > on the SWN and its members. Most members run the mesomap to

      • Juha Jäntti
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
          Hi all!

          We have this same project running in Finland, known as "Nordic Weather
          Network", which implements a station list from Finland, Sweden and Norway.

          Here's a link to see the map:

          http://www.nordicweather.net/index.php?sivu=100&lang=en

          I was one behind in getting WUHU users online in the Nordic Weather
          Network, so after discovering the growing interest among WUHU users
          here, I decided it's best shared with my fellow WUHU users, too :)

          This is the template I'm using in WUHU-WX.txt which is the Template
          input file:

          --Begin--
          %[time2]time_24hr_hour%:%[time2]time_minutes%,%[time2]time_day%/%[time2]time_month%/%[time2]time_year_no_century%,%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,---,%[windchill]deg_C%,%[outdoor_humidity]percent%,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,%[hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%,%[wind_speed]mps%,%[wind_direction]name%,%[rain_24h]mm%
          -- End --

          The output looks like this in the output file:

          --Begin--
          16:51,05/06/08,24.4,---,24.6,33.0,7.0,1018.63,Falling,1.3,NNE,0.00
          -- End --

          Those three dashes in one of the output fields need to be there, since
          it is for the Heat Index, which doesn't exist as a standalone value.
          WUHU calculates the Heat Index to the Windchill value, changing the
          field automatically to Heat Index value as soon as outdoor temperature
          rises above 50°F (+10°C).

          I'm using this template to cast out live data to the Nordic map and it
          works flawlessly, so I think this template will fit like a glove to
          other similar networks.

          Best Regards,
          Juha
          Weather Station Operator
          FinWX Station HELKan-1
          Operating Finland's first Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 Station.
          Helsinki, Finland
          CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
            Juha,

            Thanks for posting.

            Perhaps we need to make a folder in the Files section that is for
            templates such as this.

            If we store the templates as simple .txt files, users can download
            the templates and use them immediately without having to re-format
            the template from posted messages.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti