Re: WUHU216 Not Writing HW Pro Compatible History.dat file

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
      In searching in the Program Files\WUHU folder, I see a "WUHU
      History.dat" file that is being continuously updated.

      Joe

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <latenightgator@...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
        Joe,

        If you delete:

        C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\Weather\Data_Current.dat

        Is the file re-created after new data is received?

        wrote:

        > In searching in the Program Files\WUHU folder, I see a "WUHU
        > History.dat" file that is being continuously updated.
        >
        > Joe
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" latenightgator@
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes. The path/file did not change from 215, but it no longer writes
        > to it.
        > >
        > > It writes currdat.lst and the Write Extended Data is enabled. That
        is
        > > writing properly. The path of this file is C:\Documents and
        > > Settings\Dad\My Documents\Weather.
        > >
        > > It is the same path used for writing to the the HW Pro file - and
        the
        > > file name is Data_Current.dat
        > >
        > > The file is there - but it is zero-sized file. It was created when
        > > WUHU started up and hasn't written to it since
        > >
        > > Joe

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
          Yes, it does create the file that is provided by the application.

          But instead I think it is writing updates to the install directory
          instead. I see the file "WUHU History.dat" being written to continuously.

          So, it does not appear to be using the path/file provided in the field
          for writing updates. It creates the file initially, but not thereafter.

          Joe

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
            Joe,

            Actually, WUHU History.dat is an internal WUHU database.

            Send me your INI file and I will look for a conflict.

            send to wuhu_software at yahoo.com

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
              FYI - we resolved this issue by doing two things. One, choosing a
              different file name. Two, rebooting the machine. Only after having
              these two were done in this succession did the problem get solved.

              But it is solved. That's the key point.
              Joe