Re: WUHU216 Not Writing HW Pro Compatible History.dat file

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2 1:36 PM
      Joe,

      So you are saying you have the option enabled ("Write HW Pro
      Compatible History.dat" and you have a valid pathname in the edit box
      but it is still not writing the file?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe"
      <latenightgator@...> wrote:

      > I switch to WUHU216 a few weeks ago. Before that I was on 215 and
      had
      > the option enabled to save the HW Pro History.dat file. I've started
      > my weather station in early March.
      >
      > It was saving file, but I *just* noticed that the file that it was
      > writing to before is no longer being written to.
      >
      > I just Stopped WUHU, changed the file name (Data_Current.dat) in a
      > folder of My Documents [where it was before], and restarted WUHU and
      > it's still not writing the data.
      >
      > I want to be able to save my own database of recorded data for
      > analysis and was great to see this option available. Want to write
      my
      > own program to determine highs and lows for various items.
      >
      > So, now I have lost this for the past 2 weeks.
      >
      > Anyone else having this problem?
      >
      > Joe Sosa
      > KFLDAVIE6 @ WU
      > DW0104 @ findu

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2 1:58 PM
        Yes. The path/file did not change from 215, but it no longer writes to it.

        It writes currdat.lst and the Write Extended Data is enabled. That is
        writing properly. The path of this file is C:\Documents and
        Settings\Dad\My Documents\Weather.

        It is the same path used for writing to the the HW Pro file - and the
        file name is Data_Current.dat

        The file is there - but it is zero-sized file. It was created when
        WUHU started up and hasn't written to it since

        Joe

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2 2:09 PM
          In searching in the Program Files\WUHU folder, I see a "WUHU
          History.dat" file that is being continuously updated.

          Joe

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2 3:45 PM
            Joe,

            If you delete:

            C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\Weather\Data_Current.dat

            Is the file re-created after new data is received?

            wrote:

            > In searching in the Program Files\WUHU folder, I see a "WUHU
            > History.dat" file that is being continuously updated.
            >
            > Joe
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" latenightgator@
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes. The path/file did not change from 215, but it no longer writes
            > to it.
            > >
            > > It writes currdat.lst and the Write Extended Data is enabled. That
            is
            > > writing properly. The path of this file is C:\Documents and
            > > Settings\Dad\My Documents\Weather.
            > >
            > > It is the same path used for writing to the the HW Pro file - and
            the
            > > file name is Data_Current.dat
            > >
            > > The file is there - but it is zero-sized file. It was created when
            > > WUHU started up and hasn't written to it since
            > >
            > > Joe

          • Joe
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2 5:52 PM
              Yes, it does create the file that is provided by the application.

              But instead I think it is writing updates to the install directory
              instead. I see the file "WUHU History.dat" being written to continuously.

              So, it does not appear to be using the path/file provided in the field
              for writing updates. It creates the file initially, but not thereafter.

              Joe

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2 5:58 PM
                Joe,

                Actually, WUHU History.dat is an internal WUHU database.

                Send me your INI file and I will look for a conflict.

                send to wuhu_software at yahoo.com

                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9 7:42 AM
                  FYI - we resolved this issue by doing two things. One, choosing a
                  different file name. Two, rebooting the machine. Only after having
                  these two were done in this succession did the problem get solved.

                  But it is solved. That's the key point.
                  Joe