my wuhu data disapeared

  • mitchell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008
      ok i have been uploading since dec. 18, 2006 and i went on the website
      the other day and i went to the graphs to look at how this years
      temperatures were doing so far. well it pulled up and was showing that
      i had only been uploading since may 20. i dont know why a year and half
      worth of data would just disapear. help PLEASE.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
        What is your Weather Underground ID?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell" <mtm81989@...>

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
          im guessing this is what you mean. KGALULA3. but if its not tell me.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
            mitchell,

            That is what I wanted.

            I do not see your history beyond the last month or so.

            Did you create more than 1 station ID at WU?

            I checked KGALULA2 and although the account existed, no data was seen.

            I also checked KGALULA4, but that did not appear to be active.

            Did you move or change the city associated with your station?

            Double check your stations by logging in to the WU page then click
            the 'My Stations' link at the left side of the page.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
              no i only made one account. i didnt change the city at all. i havent
              changed anything on the account. i know the data was there because
              about a week before the data disapeared i was looking back at last
              year to see how that year compared to this year.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
                It sure does appear that your data is no longer in the WU database.

                I checked my station data for last year and all appeared to be fine.

                Perhaps this is a WU database issue?

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                  so what can i do?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                    I think you will have to wait until John can take a look at your
                    station in their database.

                    Perhaps it is a temporary situtation.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008

                      I just checked your station history, 2007 seems to have re-appeared:

                      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KGALULA3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                        cool. ya all the data came back. thanks. but i wonder why it
                        disapeared in the first place.

                        > I just checked your station history, 2007 seems to have re-appeared:
                        >
                        > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
                        ID=KGALULA\
                        > 3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year
                        > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
                        ID=KGALUL\
                        > A3&day=5&year=2007&month=6&graphspan=year>

                        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > I think you will have to wait until John can take a look at your
                        > > station in their database.
                        > >
                        > > Perhaps it is a temporary situtation.
                        > >

                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mitchell" mtm81989@
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > so what can i do?

                        > > database.

                        > > fine.

                        > > <mtm81989@>

                        > > > because
                        > > > last

                        > > > was

                        wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

                        > > > on
                        > > > this
                        > > was

                      • John Celenza
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                          Hi,

                          Steve Gunn got my attention this morning about the missing data! Sorry
                          for missing your message, I have been recovering from a surgery, so
                          I've been quite groggy :-)

                          Your data wasn't removed, but there are intermediate files here that
                          somehow got corrupted, I need to find the cause of this bug, as it
                          happens every once in awhile. Easy to recover, but annoying!

                          -John

                          John Celenza
                          Director of Weather Technology
                          Phone (415) 543-5022 x105