Re: Another WU?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
      Interesting, this is an affililated website of the one you mentioned
      Dan,
      It lists WUHU software
      Steve

      <<Join Northeastern Weather Network
      The Northwest Weather Network (NWWN) is currently looking for new
      members to contribute their data to the network. Our goal is to have
      a comprehensive view of weather conditions across Washington,
      Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. If you are a personal weather station
      owner / operator, please fill out this application and we will
      consider adding you to our network. We are especially looking for
      stations in the more remote parts of our service area.

      System requirements: Contributors must of course have a personal
      weather station that is connected to the Internet and continually
      updating to a website. At the current time, we can pull data from
      users of Weather Display, WeatherLink, Virtual Weather Station, and
      Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU). View instructions
      on how to configure these software programs to work with NEWN. If
      you meet these requirements and would like to join, please complete
      the form below. If you have any questions, please contact us or ask
      in our forums.<>>
    • utahweatherbear
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
        will this work wuhu?

        http://www.northwesternweather.net/instructions.php#wuhu

        Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU) Configuration

        NOTE! Needs WUHU 216 Beta 40 or newer !!

        Save the file WUHU_stickertags.txt to folder of your choice.

        Expand WUHU and click the Alerts/Actions-button. A new window will
        appear.

        In Main Action/Alert, select Enable Actions and Repetitions and set
        the value for Selections to 1.

        In WUHU Operation Alarms/Actions, select On Weather Update. If you
        want to update the file ie. every 2 minutes, select also On Update
        Seconds and set the value to 120.

        Click on Sound/Action-button (below Weather Update). A new window
        will appear.

        Write the next string in Action on Activation:
        template:"X:\(where_you_have_saved_WUHU_stickertags.txt)\WUHU-
        stickertags.txt" "X:\(where_you_want_to_save_the_file)
        \WU_stickertags.txt"
        X: is the partition-letter. The above string is an example, configure
        to match your own computer.

        Confirm by clicking OK

        Save the changes with Save Changes

        Simply join and we will take it from there.

        You should be able to see your file in action at
        www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WU_stickertags.txt

        dan

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
          Dan,

          It might work. I am guessing the author of the template knows what
          each field should be.

          There are a couple things that look odd, like the date in the form of
          day/month/year rather than month/day/year or year/month/day, but I
          guess the website owner must know that.

          For heat index and windchill, I would use the windchill (which is
          really apparent tempeature) for both fields. Heat index and wind
          chill are exclusive, so the use of apparent temperature makes more
          sense.

          It appears that the last field in the template is rainfall over the
          past 24 hours rather than daily rainfall?

          It would be nice to see the definition of each field for
          documentation purposes (ie. the units for each field) along with a
          sample output line.

          <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

> [...]
          you
          > > on
          > > > the mesomap.
          > > >
          > > > It's unfortunate, because I think that South Ogden would fill
          in
          > > > little hole above Olympus Cove, and we need more UT members.
          > > >
          > > > If I'm mistaken in your software use and you can upload our
          data
          > > file
          > > > to your website, or if you decide to start using one of the
          other
          > > > programs, let me know. The other main requirement of membership
          > in
          > > > the SWN is that you have a Southwestern Weather Network link on
          > > your
          > > > weather home page that links to another page on your site with
          > info
          > > > on the SWN and its members. Most members run the mesomap to

        • Juha Jäntti
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
            Hi all!

            We have this same project running in Finland, known as "Nordic Weather
            Network", which implements a station list from Finland, Sweden and Norway.

            Here's a link to see the map:

            http://www.nordicweather.net/index.php?sivu=100&lang=en

            I was one behind in getting WUHU users online in the Nordic Weather
            Network, so after discovering the growing interest among WUHU users
            here, I decided it's best shared with my fellow WUHU users, too :)

            This is the template I'm using in WUHU-WX.txt which is the Template
            input file:

            --Begin--
            %[time2]time_24hr_hour%:%[time2]time_minutes%,%[time2]time_day%/%[time2]time_month%/%[time2]time_year_no_century%,%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,---,%[windchill]deg_C%,%[outdoor_humidity]percent%,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,%[hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%,%[wind_speed]mps%,%[wind_direction]name%,%[rain_24h]mm%
            -- End --

            The output looks like this in the output file:

            --Begin--
            16:51,05/06/08,24.4,---,24.6,33.0,7.0,1018.63,Falling,1.3,NNE,0.00
            -- End --

            Those three dashes in one of the output fields need to be there, since
            it is for the Heat Index, which doesn't exist as a standalone value.
            WUHU calculates the Heat Index to the Windchill value, changing the
            field automatically to Heat Index value as soon as outdoor temperature
            rises above 50°F (+10°C).

            I'm using this template to cast out live data to the Nordic map and it
            works flawlessly, so I think this template will fit like a glove to
            other similar networks.

            Best Regards,
            Juha
            Weather Station Operator
            FinWX Station HELKan-1
            Operating Finland's first Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 Station.
            Helsinki, Finland
            CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
              Juha,

              Thanks for posting.

              Perhaps we need to make a folder in the Files section that is for
              templates such as this.

              If we store the templates as simple .txt files, users can download
              the templates and use them immediately without having to re-format
              the template from posted messages.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti