Re: Another WU?

  • utahweatherbear
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
      will do He...er WUHU!

      thanx dan

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
        Interesting, this is an affililated website of the one you mentioned
        Dan,
        It lists WUHU software
        Steve

        <<Join Northeastern Weather Network
        The Northwest Weather Network (NWWN) is currently looking for new
        members to contribute their data to the network. Our goal is to have
        a comprehensive view of weather conditions across Washington,
        Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. If you are a personal weather station
        owner / operator, please fill out this application and we will
        consider adding you to our network. We are especially looking for
        stations in the more remote parts of our service area.

        System requirements: Contributors must of course have a personal
        weather station that is connected to the Internet and continually
        updating to a website. At the current time, we can pull data from
        users of Weather Display, WeatherLink, Virtual Weather Station, and
        Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU). View instructions
        on how to configure these software programs to work with NEWN. If
        you meet these requirements and would like to join, please complete
        the form below. If you have any questions, please contact us or ask
        in our forums.<>>
      • utahweatherbear
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
          will this work wuhu?

          http://www.northwesternweather.net/instructions.php#wuhu

          Weather Underground HeavyWeather Uploader (WUHU) Configuration

          NOTE! Needs WUHU 216 Beta 40 or newer !!

          Save the file WUHU_stickertags.txt to folder of your choice.

          Expand WUHU and click the Alerts/Actions-button. A new window will
          appear.

          In Main Action/Alert, select Enable Actions and Repetitions and set
          the value for Selections to 1.

          In WUHU Operation Alarms/Actions, select On Weather Update. If you
          want to update the file ie. every 2 minutes, select also On Update
          Seconds and set the value to 120.

          Click on Sound/Action-button (below Weather Update). A new window
          will appear.

          Write the next string in Action on Activation:
          template:"X:\(where_you_have_saved_WUHU_stickertags.txt)\WUHU-
          stickertags.txt" "X:\(where_you_want_to_save_the_file)
          \WU_stickertags.txt"
          X: is the partition-letter. The above string is an example, configure
          to match your own computer.

          Confirm by clicking OK

          Save the changes with Save Changes

          Simply join and we will take it from there.

          You should be able to see your file in action at
          www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WU_stickertags.txt

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
            Dan,

            It might work. I am guessing the author of the template knows what
            each field should be.

            There are a couple things that look odd, like the date in the form of
            day/month/year rather than month/day/year or year/month/day, but I
            guess the website owner must know that.

            For heat index and windchill, I would use the windchill (which is
            really apparent tempeature) for both fields. Heat index and wind
            chill are exclusive, so the use of apparent temperature makes more
            sense.

            It appears that the last field in the template is rainfall over the
            past 24 hours rather than daily rainfall?

            It would be nice to see the definition of each field for
            documentation purposes (ie. the units for each field) along with a
            sample output line.

            <utahweatherbear@...> wrote:

> [...]
            you
            > > on
            > > > the mesomap.
            > > >
            > > > It's unfortunate, because I think that South Ogden would fill
            in
            > > > little hole above Olympus Cove, and we need more UT members.
            > > >
            > > > If I'm mistaken in your software use and you can upload our
            data
            > > file
            > > > to your website, or if you decide to start using one of the
            other
            > > > programs, let me know. The other main requirement of membership
            > in
            > > > the SWN is that you have a Southwestern Weather Network link on
            > > your
            > > > weather home page that links to another page on your site with
            > info
            > > > on the SWN and its members. Most members run the mesomap to

          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
              Hi all!

              We have this same project running in Finland, known as "Nordic Weather
              Network", which implements a station list from Finland, Sweden and Norway.

              Here's a link to see the map:

              http://www.nordicweather.net/index.php?sivu=100&lang=en

              I was one behind in getting WUHU users online in the Nordic Weather
              Network, so after discovering the growing interest among WUHU users
              here, I decided it's best shared with my fellow WUHU users, too :)

              This is the template I'm using in WUHU-WX.txt which is the Template
              input file:

              --Begin--
              %[time2]time_24hr_hour%:%[time2]time_minutes%,%[time2]time_day%/%[time2]time_month%/%[time2]time_year_no_century%,%[outdoor_temperature]deg_C%,---,%[windchill]deg_C%,%[outdoor_humidity]percent%,%[dewpoint]deg_C%,%[pressure_relative]hpa%,%[hourly_rates_of_change]outdoor_relative_pressure_trend%,%[wind_speed]mps%,%[wind_direction]name%,%[rain_24h]mm%
              -- End --

              The output looks like this in the output file:

              --Begin--
              16:51,05/06/08,24.4,---,24.6,33.0,7.0,1018.63,Falling,1.3,NNE,0.00
              -- End --

              Those three dashes in one of the output fields need to be there, since
              it is for the Heat Index, which doesn't exist as a standalone value.
              WUHU calculates the Heat Index to the Windchill value, changing the
              field automatically to Heat Index value as soon as outdoor temperature
              rises above 50°F (+10°C).

              I'm using this template to cast out live data to the Nordic map and it
              works flawlessly, so I think this template will fit like a glove to
              other similar networks.

              Best Regards,
              Juha
              Weather Station Operator
              FinWX Station HELKan-1
              Operating Finland's first Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 Station.
              Helsinki, Finland
              CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2008
                Juha,

                Thanks for posting.

                Perhaps we need to make a folder in the Files section that is for
                templates such as this.

                If we store the templates as simple .txt files, users can download
                the templates and use them immediately without having to re-format
                the template from posted messages.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti