Re: need help with connection issues

  • pbcromans
    Message 1 of 17 , May 28, 2008
      Okay, got the station to work on laptop with Heavyweather 2.0 but it
      did not work with the newer version of heavyweather. Should i try
      anything else on the PC or just assume that it is the serial port?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pbcromans" <pbcromans@...>
      wrote:

      > I have been using my WS-2317 for sometime with heavy weather to
      WUHU.
      > Recenlty the station stopped transmitting information to the PC.
      Have

      Message 2 of 17 , May 28, 2008
        If you are trying to run Heather Pro, that can only communicate with
        the WS-36XX stations, not the WS-23XX series.

        You could try connecting a known good serial device to the suspect
        port, like a PDA, GPS, or some other device.

        Odds are the port is fried.

        Message 3 of 17 , May 28, 2008
          Typo, I meant to type Heavyweather Pro.

          > If you are trying to run Heather Pro, that can only communicate
          with
          > the WS-36XX stations, not the WS-23XX series.
          >
          > You could try connecting a known good serial device to the suspect
          > port, like a PDA, GPS, or some other device.
          >
          > Odds are the port is fried.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pbcromans"
          > <pbcromans@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay, got the station to work on laptop with Heavyweather 2.0 but
          > it
          > > did not work with the newer version of heavyweather. Should i
          try
          > > anything else on the PC or just assume that it is the serial port?
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pbcromans"
          > <pbcromans@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I have been using my WS-2317 for sometime with heavy weather to
          > > WUHU.
          > > > Recenlty the station stopped transmitting information to the
          PC.
          > > Have
          > > > tried using the direct connection to WUHU but it's not
          working.
          > If I
          > > > try heavy Weather it tells me no station detected on COM1.
          > Anyone
          > > able
          > > > to offer any thing I can try to fix the issue?

        • James Mason
          Message 4 of 17 , May 28, 2008
            Have you check your Device Manager to see what's wrong with the port?

            Click on Start and then Control Panel
            Click on System
            When System Prpoerties comes up
            Click on Device Manager
            Go to Ports (COM & LPT)
            Double Click on Communications Port (COM 1) (whatever port you are/were using)
            You get info as to wheter the port is working or if there is another device using the port or how to troubleshoot the problem.

            Try that. . .if might help

            Message 5 of 17 , May 29, 2008
              Just to let you know, over the years, most of the serial ports that
              have been fried by lightning appear to be functioning correctly when
              you view the status of the port under Device Manager.

              You would think that the entire chip (UART) would fail to initialize
              once damaged, but that does not seem to be the case.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason <masonjh1@...>

              Message 6 of 17 , May 31, 2008
                Here is the new Manual for WUHU, should be able to find your answers
                here.

                http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/