Re: Users Manual for WUHU

  • ripvanbrown
    Message 1 of 39 , May 19, 2008
      John,

      As a new user, this is quite helpful! Here's some questions/issues I
      would like to see included when/if you can:

      1. Under Current Conditions and History stats, please define:
      Updates, Fixups, and the variables that go with them (e.g. 0 to 24
      hours, 0 to 60 minutes). Also, when I click the Show button, nothing
      happens. What is that supposed to do?

      2. Serial connection vs. Heavy Weather - Heavy weather keeps a file
      on the hard drive of the data recorded (e.g. currdata.lst). If you
      switch to Serial connection and bypass using Heavy Weather, is that
      data still recorded anywhere on your hard drive or is it only
      uploaded to the Services (WU, CWOP, etc.)?

      3. What is the general recommended setting for timing in uploading
      data? 1 minute intervals? 5? 10? Any pros/cons (other than CPU
      usage)

      4. How about a link (or page of links) back to the WUHU Yahoo Group
      and/or other sites so that when you've finished using the manual, you
      can go back to the Group site?

      What a great resource! Thanks!

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks Bob!
      >
      > Thats exactly the stuff I am looking for!
      >
      > I'll toss it in the next rev.
      >
      > Mean while I have updated lots of sections... Everyone review and
      chime in!
      > http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/
      > -John
      >

      > RS Moreland sat down at the console on 5/18/2008 1:09 PM and wrote:
      > > You're welcome John,
      > >
      > > Here's a draft of a FAQ
      > >
      > > What is direct serial mode and how to set it up.
      > >
      > > WUHU can commuicate directly with the weather station console or
      it
      > > can take the data from Heavyweather. The
      > >
      > > disadvantage in taking the data from heavyweather is that you
      have to
      > > have both programs running and
      > >
      > > Heavyweather puts a good size load on the cpu. Because WUHU can
      > > communicate directy with the console, this
      > >
      > > eliminates the need for the other program. This is direct serial
      mode.

      > > If you are running both programs and want to switch over to direct
      > > serial mode you can by the following;
      > > Stop Heavyweather and WUHU
      > > If Heavyweather is set to run on your computer at start up,
      remove it
      > > from the startup menu.
      > > In WUHU change the general settings to direct serial access
      for your
      > > Weather Station.
      > > Change the comport to the one you're using in Heavyweather.
      > > Restart WUHU
      > >
      > > Regards, Bob

    • ripvanbrown
      Message 39 of 39 , May 19, 2008