Re: WUHU and 3 different cases with suggestions

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2008
      Hello Heath,

      The reason for requesting a separate timed task for WUHU is the need
      to silently run certain things, since Windows lack such a feature and
      since I'm running WUHU on a production-level server, it is crucial to
      have tasks running in the background without any extra windows popping
      up or being visible.

      I understand your point of view on changing the references. That was
      only for asking if such Heat Index-reference existed, so that I could
      use it for output. I think I can live with the Windchill/Apparent
      Temperature for the time being.

      Thanks for pointing me the correct string. Now the data output is near
      perfect, only missing the Heat Index-part, but I don't think it'll
      bring up any problems.

      Your answer on Case number 3 gave me a workaround, but that would
      probaly not solve this particular need. Having WUHU append single
      readouts of all the the needed readings to a file on the top of the
      hour is only effective and useful on those WUHU installations that
      have no other actions to run or have actions which can be run once on
      the top of the hour. This would mean I'd be forced to set actions to
      run every 3600 seconds and since there are currently no separate task
      groups in WUHU, it would cause all my actions set on the actionfile to
      be run on the top of the hour, which would be a step backwards. So for
      Case 3, I'm stuck with the situation for now.

      Thank you for developing this irreplacable software.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      Weather Station Operator
      Weather Station FinWX HELKan-1