Re: Thermometer calibration

  • ripvanbrown
    Message 1 of 9 , May 17, 2008
      Thanks Rick for the suggestion! I'm going to remove the cover today
      and see how much that is influencing the temp. If it synchs up more
      with the other thermometer, I'll drill some holes in the cover for
      ventilation, put it back on, and use the TEAKS for any fine tuning
      from there.

      Given the wiring constraints, the location on the East side of the
      house was the best available. It is away from the 1st story roof (to
      prevent radiating heat), away from direct sun for all but about 2
      hours of the day (8am-10am), away from the direction of heavy rain,
      but right on the Southeast corner of the house so that it gets plenty
      of wind circulation and no trapped air under the eave. I did think
      about the siding, but that's about all that may be affecting it.
      It's vinyl, so it cools quickly in the shade - which it is in for all
      but 2 hours of the day. Still, I hung the other thermometer right
      next to the new one so it would be affected by all of the same
      elements and it consistently reads lower.

      > There are TWEAKS in the WUHU console to allow for temp errors even
      > timed tweaks can be used, open the WUHU program on your screen and
      > click on TWEAK DATA. You can actually near the bottom of that
      window
      > tweak the temp settings for 2 different time ranges during the day.
      >
      > Having said that.. I question placing the sensor where you did,
      > because even after the sun is no longer directly on it you may still
      > be picking up radation heating from whatever type of siding you
      have,
      > and air may not circulate as well where you currently have the
      sensor.

      > There are many heat shields in the photos section of this group
      pages
      > along with locations and so on to set your stations sensors.
      >
      > Hope this helps
      >
      > Rick
      > KOHWAPAK1
      > http://www.wapakweather.com/
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ripvanbrown"
      > <rascubalon@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I recently received a LaCrosse WS-2316 Weather Station and
      mounted
      > > the Thermo-Hygro sensor on the side of the house (2nd story)
      about