WUHU Beta v39 for testing.

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 8:48 PM

      All,

      This beta is for advanced users only. If you are not very comfortable with editing the INI file, monitoring your history at Weather Underground, or accepting bad uploaded data, please hold off until these new features are fully tested.

      Whats new:

      This version will read the history from the console (WS-23XX, WS-36XX, Davis VP2 only) and will upload your weather data to Weather Underground and Ham Weather. Archived records are never uploaded to CWOP or AWEKAS.

      For WS-23XX and WS-36XX stations, you must use either HW or HW Pro to set the console history interval. I would recommend setting the interval to at least 5 or 10 minutes. I believe the WS-23XX stations hold 175 records, the WS-36XX 1750 records. I leave it to you to select the appropriate interval for your station and the expected outage time.

      Davis VP2 users must set the storage interval using WeatherLink. See 'Set up/Set Archive Interval' within the Weatherlink application.  This version is also tailored to work well with Virtual VP if you are running multiple weather applications. If you are running Virtual VP and you have any issues, let me know.

      In addition, this version will (hopefully) queue up any failed uploads to Weather Underground or Ham Weather and will upload failed uploads in the background. Failed uploads will happen when there is a problem with your ISP or a problem at the weather server. This feature should work for all station types. If you exit the WUHU application normally, all data that has not yet been uploaded will be saved between program executions.

      For those running WS-23XX, WS-36XX, or Davis VP2, when you start this new version of WUHU, you should see a new dialog box labeled "Console History Retrieval in Progress". You can hit the "Go" button to immediately start processing. If you do not hit go, the system will pause for a couple of minutes before begining the history retrieval process. This is intended to give your system time to fully boot up.  You can abort (or close the dialog box) to abort the retrieval however beware that if you press the Start button from the main WUHU screen after an abort, data from the console cannot be retrieved later. To prevent data loss, never hit Abort or close the dialog until the retrieval process is complete. You can minimize the dialog box to get it out of the way.

      WS-36XX users need to be aware that the history retrieval process is VERY CPU intensive. It will also require at least a couple minutes of processing to read the entire history from the console.

      If all goes well, all of your data will be uploaded without gaps in the data at WU and HW.

      If you do decide to test this beta, let me know if you have any problems.

      WUHU216_32_B39.zip

      Message 2 of 7 , May 3 9:55 AM
        Beta V39 Installed.
        Running OK,
        I have my console set at 20 minute updates which will save data for
        about 2 days.

> [...]
        however
        > beware that if you press the Start button from the main WUHU screen
        > after an abort, data from the console cannot be retrieved later. To
        > prevent data loss, never hit Abort or close the dialog until the
        > retrieval process is complete. You can minimize the dialog box to
        get it
        > out of the way.
        >
        > WS-36XX users need to be aware that the history retrieval process
        is
        > VERY CPU intensive. It will also require at least a couple minutes
        of
        > processing to read the entire history from the console.
        >
        > If all goes well, all of your data will be uploaded without gaps
        in the
        > data at WU and HW.
        >
        > If you do decide to test this beta, let me know if you have any

      • M. A.P
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3 11:07 AM
          Ditto on Beta v39 installed and running....
          But I notice that WUHU is losing updates in the last 11 hrs I'm getting updates: 361/400 - nothing reported in the log
          WU is good with updates: 154/154
          CWOP is good with updates: 86/86

          To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
          From: steve_03222@...
          Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 16:55:04 +0000
          Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU Beta v39 for testing.

          Beta V39 Installed.
          Running OK,
          I have my console set at 20 minute updates which will save data for
          about 2 days.

          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software"
          <wuhu_software@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
          however
          > beware that if you press the Start button from the main WUHU screen
          > after an abort, data from the console cannot be retrieved later. To
          > prevent data loss, never hit Abort or close the dialog until the
          > retrieval process is complete. You can minimize the dialog box to
          get it
          > out of the way.
          >
          > WS-36XX users need to be aware that the history retrieval process
          is
          > VERY CPU intensive. It will also require at least a couple minutes
          of
          > processing to read the entire history from the console.
          >
          > If all goes well, all of your data will be uploaded without gaps
          in the
          > data at WU and HW.
          >
          > If you do decide to test this beta, let me know if you have any

          Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Learn more.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3 1:49 PM
            If you are running a WS-23XX, you will lose updates during each
            evening between 12am to 6am when the console is attempting to receive
            the WWVB radio time signal.

            The communications from the console cease for a minute or two at the
            top of each hour when this is happening. These communication errors
            are ignored an not sent to the log.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. A.P" <m_a_p@...>
            wrote:

            > Ditto on Beta v39 installed and running....
            > But I notice that WUHU is losing updates in the last 11 hrs I'm
            getting updates: 361/400 - nothing reported in the log
            > WU is good with updates: 154/154
            > CWOP is good with updates: 86/86
            >

            > To: wuhu_software_group@...: steve_03222@...: Sat, 3 May 2008
            16:55:04 +0000Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU Beta v39 for
            testing.

            > Beta V39 Installed.Running OK, I have my console set at 20 minute
            updates which will save data for about 2 days.Steve--- In
            wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@>
            wrote:>> > All,> > This beta is for advanced users only. If you are

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3 7:27 PM
              3348/3348 since I installed the beta this morning.

              Steve

              <wuhu_software@> wrote:>> > All,> > This beta is for advanced users

              Message 6 of 7 , May 4 8:52 PM
                Another question:
                Has the history file changed from a 4-digit year to a 2-digit year, i.e. I use history_%m_%y.dat - prior to installing v39 I got a history with: history_05_2008.dat now with v39 I get history_05_08.dat.

                Any yes to confirm your response (re: uploads) on your prev answer - my unit is a WS-2317

                -Mike

                To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                From: wuhu_software@...
                Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 03:48:33 +0000
                Subject: [wuhu_software_group] WUHU Beta v39 for testing.

[...]

                Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.
                Message 7 of 7 , May 5 5:34 AM
                  Mike,

                  I had not notice that. To set it back to the old method (century and
                  year not just year), hit stop then change %y to %Y in the path. I should
                  have used %Y not %y.

                  If you want to combine the two files generated (copy history_04_2008.dat
                  and history_04_08.dat for example) you can open up a command line
                  prompt, change directories to where the files are located, the issue:

                  copy history_04_2008.dat /B + history_04_08.dat /B temp.dat

                  That will combine the two files in to temp.dat

                  Then you can rename the existing files:

                  rename history_04_2008.dat history_04_2008_bak.dat

                  rename history_04_08.dat history_04_08_bak.dat

                  then

                  rename temp.dat history_04_2008.dat

                  Then start WUHU.

                  Sorry about the mix up.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. A.P" <m_a_p@...> wrote:

                  > Another question:
                  > Has the history file changed from a 4-digit year to a 2-digit year,
                  i.e. I use history_%m_%y.dat - prior to installing v39 I got a history
                  with: history_05_2008.dat now with v39 I get history_05_08.dat.

                  > Any yes to confirm your response (re: uploads) on your prev answer -
                  my unit is a WS-2317

                  > -Mike
                  >

                  > To: wuhu_software_group@...: wuhu_software@...: Sat, 3 May 2008
                  03:48:33 +0000Subject: [wuhu_software_group] WUHU Beta v39 for testing.

> [...]
                  beware that if you press the Start button from the main WUHU screen
                  after an abort, data from the console cannot be retrieved later. To
                  prevent data loss, never hit Abort or close the dialog until the
                  retrieval process is complete. You can minimize the dialog box to get it
                  out of the way.
                  > WS-36XX users need to be aware that the history retrieval process is
                  VERY CPU intensive. It will also require at least a couple minutes of
                  processing to read the entire history from the console.
                  > If all goes well, all of your data will be uploaded without gaps in
                  the data at WU and HW.
                  > If you do decide to test this beta, let me know if you have any
                  problems.
                  > WUHU216_32_B39.zip

                  > Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.

                  http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refr\
                  esh_skydrive_052008