Re: Now for a webcam.

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2008
      Paul,
      Sign up and instructions are located here at WU:
      http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html

      Where'sJames is another free software that works well.
      http://www.wheresjames.com/

      I use the Beta 2.0 ... Works best for me.

      Should be as easy as setting up WUHU and uploading uploading your
      weather data.

      Post here if you have any problems, many of us are currenly uploading
      WeatherCam pics.

      Steve
    • Paul Wiegman
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2008
        Steve,

        Thanks for the help.  I'm not getting an upload to WU.  I think that the problem is that I'm not getting a picture from the webcam.  I took one image and it has been sitting in the file for the whole day.

        Sorry to be so dumb.

        Paul

        On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        Paul,
        Sign up and instructions are located here at WU:
        http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html

        Where'sJames is another free software that works well.
        http://www.wheresjames.com/

        I use the Beta 2.0 ... Works best for me.

        Should be as easy as setting up WUHU and uploading uploading your
        weather data.

        Post here if you have any problems, many of us are currenly uploading
        WeatherCam pics.

        paul g wiegman
        naturalist/writer/photographer
        Confluence / Regent Square, PA

        pgwphotography@...
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2008
          Paul,
          Did you set up a webcam account at WU?
          What software are you using?
          Did you make sure your pic size 150KB or smaller?
          You mentioned that you took 1 picture. You will need to set the
          software to take a picture no quicker than 1 every minute. Some send
          1 pic ever 5 or 10 minutes. That is your choice.

          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wiegman"
          <pgwphotography@...> wrote:

          > Steve,
          >
          > Thanks for the help. I'm not getting an upload to WU. I think
          that the
          > problem is that I'm not getting a picture from the webcam. I took
          one image
          > and it has been sitting in the file for the whole day.
          >
          > Sorry to be so dumb.
          >
          > Paul
          >
          > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...>
          wrote:

          > > Paul,
          > > Sign up and instructions are located here at WU:
          > > http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html
          > >
          > > Where'sJames is another free software that works well.
          > > http://www.wheresjames.com/
          > >
          > > I use the Beta 2.0 ... Works best for me.
          > >
          > > Should be as easy as setting up WUHU and uploading uploading your
          > > weather data.
          > >
          > > Post here if you have any problems, many of us are currenly
          uploading
          > > WeatherCam pics.
          > >
          > > Steve
          > >

          > --
          > paul g wiegman
          > naturalist/writer/photographer
          > Confluence / Regent Square, PA
          >
          > pgwphotography@...

        • Paul Wiegman
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2008
            Steve,

            I got it running. It was a dumb mistake with a password.

             I using Fwink as the software.  Now I just have to wait for a while to see if the whole thing is stable.

            The step after that is setting up the computer so I can turn on the machine remotely if the power goes out at the remote location and getting control of the computer to restart the programs.

            Thanks for the help.

            Paul

            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2008
              Paul,
              Awesome, glad you figured it out.
              Sounds like you just need to upload the local NWS audiostream now. LOL