RE: [wuhu_software_group] Peet Bros station now up and running

  • Mark Wyman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2 10:41 AM

      Congrats!

      You really have to love when something “just works” these days. You pay a little more up front, suffer less down the road.

      Peet Bros has always been a constant fixture at the Dayton Hamfest here in the US . I was extremely close to purchasing a system, but Davis at the show had them out-priced a few years back. Also Peet Bros for years could have earned the award for “ugliest console” though very functional. Lately they have been making some nice-looking equipment like the Ultimeter 2100. Anyhow have fun with it.

                  Mark

      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 2:39 AM
        Mark,

        Thank you.
        I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever for buying this weather
        station. Ever since it's startup, it has outperformed LaCrosse on all
        accounts.

        I really needed a weather station that doesn't need constant
        observation and worrying if I'm getting correct readings.
        It's good to pay extra for a station that is designed for long time
        constant use and give accurate readouts at the precise moment you need
        them instead of having to wait for those readouts to appear, lagging
        many seconds behind.

        Surprisingly enough I'm not missing the simultaneous readout screen
        LaCrosse has. I found out it's not too much trouble getting up the
        couch and pressing a few buttons to see the readouts.

        I think I will really start to enjoy weather watching now as most of
        my time was based more on observing the functionality of the station
        rather than the weather.

        Best Regards,
        Juha
        Weather Station Operator
        FinWX Station HELKan-1
        Helsinki, Finland
        CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wyman" <mark@...> wrote:

        > Congrats!
        >
        > You really have to love when something "just works" these days. You
        pay a
        > little more up front, suffer less down the road.
        >

        > Peet Bros has always been a constant fixture at the Dayton Hamfest
        here in
        > the US. I was extremely close to purchasing a system, but Davis at
        the show
        > had them out-priced a few years back. Also Peet Bros for years could
        have
        > earned the award for "ugliest console" though very functional.
        Lately they
        > have been making some nice-looking equipment like the Ultimeter
        2100. Anyhow
        > have fun with it.
        >

        > Mark
        >

        > _____

      • Radu Eugen
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6 3:24 AM

          Dear Juha, I'm glad that you are very satisfied with your Peet Bros weather station. I improved my weather station's performance by adding an Inspeed Vortex wind sensor and the results exceeded my expectations. Now I have the possibility to compare 3 types of wind sensors. A turbine wind sensor of La Crosse 3600, the weakest regardind the readings, a wind cup sensor of La Crosse 1600 IT plus, it's quite OK if you are not very interested to see the real data right on spot and the Inspeed Vortex cup wind sensor, by far better, especially when the wind is faster than 1, 2 miles per hour.

          If I add the total cost of what I paid for my weather observation equipment I would also go for a Peet Bross, but if the weather stations that I have do their jobs I considered that the best way to improve my data sent to WUHU was to add the Inspeed cup wind speed sensor. All the best and happy weather watching !

          Eugen Radu, Oradea, Romania