Re: Corrupt data detected

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2008
      Thats your atomic clock trying to update I believe. If your Clock and
      the console are off my more than 30 secs you will get those errors.

      RICK
      KOHWAPAK1

      http://www.wapakweather.com/

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. A.P" <m_a_p@...> wrote:

      > I have a WS2316 (/w direct serial access) that regularly gets the
      following error messages. Should I assume that the WS2316 is not
      responding to WUHU as it is trying, at this time to obtain WWVB radio
      controlled time - It always appears at around the same time but not
      every day.

      > I don't see any curruption of the data.
      >

      > Thu May 01 01:06:06 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:15
      2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:24 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:06:33 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:06:41 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:50 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:06:59 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:06:59 2008 > Detected consecutive communications failures.
      Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008
      > Attempting to re-open port COM2.Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008 > Port COM2
      re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.Thu May 01
      01:07:13 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:07:22 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:07:31 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:07:40 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:07:49 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:07:58 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:08:07 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:08:07 2008 > Detected
      consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by
      re-opening the port.Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Attempting to re-open
      port COM2.Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully,
      attempting to resume communications.Thu May 01 01:08:20 2008 > Failed
      to retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:08:29 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:08:38 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:08:47 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:08:56 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
      from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
      01:09:05 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
      invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Failed to
      retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
      detected.Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Detected consecutive
      communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the
      port.Thu May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM2.Thu
      May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully, attempting to
      resume communications.Thu May 01 01:09:28 2008 > Failed to retrieve
      weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu
      May 01 01:09:37 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console.
      Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:46 2008 >
      Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt
      data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:54 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather
      data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Back to work after baby–how do you know when you're ready?

      http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A

    • jdonovanwv5
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2008
        The ID on the tygon tubing is about 5/16", just a hair over the 1/4"
        on the LaCrosse cover -- also the same length. I have the tubing set
        down low enough (just about 2 mm over the pivot crest) that I believe
        not, the shield on the board is a good 3/4" higher, but will check
        after a good intense rain for inside moisture. Of course it carries
        twice the flow of water in an equivalent storm compared to the
        original. Splashing would not only endanger the board (shorting
        across the power lead) but also lose water, so I'll keep an eye on
        comparison to nearby stations. We had a couple of inches both this
        week and last, and so far, it looks to be consistent. I also have a
        calibration bottle that leaks out slowly, and it checks. But for
        splashing, it is how it handles intense rain that counts.

        I am not sure I have enough drain holes in the base, but I'll see
        what it looks like in there and if needed can pop more drain
        holes.....The bottom of the can is not a watertight fit either no
        hopefully it will stay dry in there.

        Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who sells reeds switches
        of this type?

        Joe

        "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        > Joe,
        >
        > Nice job on the bucket.
        >
        > I did have one question, at the end of the funnel, is the water
        > stream isolated so it does not spray water on to the circuit board?
        >
        > Thanks for sharing.

      • Rich Brunnworth
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2008
          DigiKey sells all kinds of reed switches.

          Rich

          --
          Rich
        • jdonovanwv5
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2008
            Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very little
            about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read
            what a specific reed switch is, and what do the parameters/
            classifications mean?? there seem to be a zillion different models
            out there. I understand resistance and capacitance, but what is
            reedswitchance?

            Thanks in advance.......

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Rich Brunnworth
            <ibbrunnie@...> wrote:

            > DigiKey sells all kinds of reed switches.
            >
            > Rich
            >
            > jdonovanwv5 wrote:
            > >

            > > Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who sells reeds
            switches
            > > of this type?

          • Rich Brunnworth
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2008
              When I was chasing a switch, I first measured the dimensions of it, then
              I looked at how much magnetism it tool to activate.

              Basically you are looking for a switch like the Coto RI-02A, Digikey
              part number 306-1170NO. This switch is on page 1835 catalog T072.

              Rich

              --
              Rich
            • Jon Golubiewski
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2008
                Newark.com and Mouser.com are two other electronics supply houses.  Sometimes the minimum shipping will kill ya, so it's cheaper to try to find something local.

                I just had to replace the reed switch in my rain bucket.  I went to Radio Shack, but couldn't find a reed switch.  They did have reed relay switches, so I grabbed one of those for $2-3 to see if I could make it work.  It worked just fine.  The reed switch relay is a reed switch with a coil to actuate the reed relay.  I didn't need the coil to actuate the relay, but I used the magnet on the tipping bucket instead and it worked fine.  I just used the contacts for the switch (as printed on the back of the package) and didn't use the contacts for the coil.  Bottom line is that if you can't find a reed switch, a reed relay switch will probably work just as well.

                I had also looked at using the magnetic switches used in alarm components.  However, they were generally normally closed (we need normally open or N.O.) and required a larger magnet.

                Failsafe - go with what Rich recommended.

                Jon G.

                --
                Rich

              • jdonovanwv5
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2008
                  Thanks guys for sharing you experience! That's really helpful

                  Joe

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jon