Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Corrupt data detected

Expand Messages
  • Joseph R Vaughn
    I get the time signal from Colorado and Bill Gates has set my CPU on daylight savings. I don t think that the issue. Joe ... From:
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2008

      I get the time signal from Colorado and Bill Gates has set my CPU on daylight savings. I don’t think that the issue.

       

      Joe

       

      -----Original Message-----
      From: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of steve_03222
      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:40 PM
      To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Corrupt data detected

       

      Joe,
      Another possibility if the times all match is that the setting for
      daylight savings time is off. There is a setting for EDT on or off
      in the setup. I don't get the signal and manually set my console.
      One time I just changed the time by 1 hour and all seemed fine
      except for what you mentioned. I found the EDT on or off and use
      that now to change the hour ahead or behind. I am not home right
      now, but as I write it is probably listed as DST on or off.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Joseph R Vaughn"
      <jrvaughn@.. .> wrote:

      >
      > Both have the same time.
      >
      >
      >
      > Joe
      >
      >
      >
      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
      > [mailto:wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com]
      On Behalf Of Jaye
      Ellen
      > Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:27 AM
      > To: wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com
      > Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_ group] Corrupt data detected
      >
      >
      >
      > Hi ---
      >
      >
      >
      > It's been my experience that this sort of thing can happen if the
      Console
      > Clock and Computer Clock are more than a minute or so different...
      quirk of
      > the systems?
      >
      >
      >
      > Jaye Ellen
      >
      > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Joseph R Vaughn
      <jrvaughn@vaughnent .
      > <mailto:jrvaughn@ ...> com> wrote:
      >
      > I have a WS-2308 and I get the same message but I have just been
      ignoring
      > it.
      >
      >
      >
      > Joe
      >
      >
      >
      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: wuhu_software_ <mailto:
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>
      > group@yahoogroups. com
      [mailto:wuhu_ software_
      > <mailto:wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>
      group@yahoogroups. com] On
      > Behalf Of M. A.P
      > Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:57 AM
      > To: wuhu_software_ <mailto:
      href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com>
      > group@yahoogroups. com
      > Subject: RE: [wuhu_software_ group] Corrupt data detected
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > I have a WS2316 (/w direct serial access) that regularly gets the
      following
      > error messages. Should I assume that the WS2316 is not responding
      to WUHU as
      > it is trying, at this time to obtain WWVB radio controlled time -
      It always
      > appears at around the same time but not every day.
      >
      > I don't see any curruption of the data.
      >
      >
      > Thu May 01 01:06:06 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:15 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:24 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:33 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:41 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:50 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:59 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:06:59 2008 > Detected consecutive communications
      failures.
      > Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM2.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully,
      attempting to
      > resume communications.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:13 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:22 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:31 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:40 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:49 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:07:58 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:07 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:07 2008 > Detected consecutive communications
      failures.
      > Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM2.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully,
      attempting to
      > resume communications.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:20 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:29 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:38 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:47 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:08:56 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:05 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Detected consecutive communications
      failures.
      > Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM2.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully,
      attempting to
      > resume communications.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:28 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:37 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:46 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      > Thu May 01 01:09:54 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console.
      > Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      >
      >
      >
      > _____
      >
      > Back to work after baby- how do you know when you're ready?
      > <
      href="http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-">http://lifestyle. msn.com/familyan dparenting/ articleNW. aspx?cp-
      documentid=57
      > 97498&ocid=T067MSN4 0A0701A>
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > --
      > Jaye Ellen
      >

    • Rick
      Thats your atomic clock trying to update I believe. If your Clock and the console are off my more than 30 secs you will get those errors. RICK KOHWAPAK1
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2008
        Thats your atomic clock trying to update I believe. If your Clock and
        the console are off my more than 30 secs you will get those errors.

        RICK
        KOHWAPAK1

        http://www.wapakweather.com/


        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. A.P" <m_a_p@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > I have a WS2316 (/w direct serial access) that regularly gets the
        following error messages. Should I assume that the WS2316 is not
        responding to WUHU as it is trying, at this time to obtain WWVB radio
        controlled time - It always appears at around the same time but not
        every day.
        >
        > I don't see any curruption of the data.
        >
        >
        > Thu May 01 01:06:06 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
        console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:15
        2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:24 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:06:33 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:06:41 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:06:50 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:06:59 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:06:59 2008 > Detected consecutive communications failures.
        Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008
        > Attempting to re-open port COM2.Thu May 01 01:07:09 2008 > Port COM2
        re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.Thu May 01
        01:07:13 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:07:22 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:07:31 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:07:40 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:07:49 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:07:58 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:08:07 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:08:07 2008 > Detected
        consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by
        re-opening the port.Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Attempting to re-open
        port COM2.Thu May 01 01:08:17 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully,
        attempting to resume communications.Thu May 01 01:08:20 2008 > Failed
        to retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:08:29 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:08:38 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:08:47 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:08:56 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data
        from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01
        01:09:05 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible
        invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Failed to
        retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data
        detected.Thu May 01 01:09:14 2008 > Detected consecutive
        communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the
        port.Thu May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Attempting to re-open port COM2.Thu
        May 01 01:09:24 2008 > Port COM2 re-opened successfully, attempting to
        resume communications.Thu May 01 01:09:28 2008 > Failed to retrieve
        weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu
        May 01 01:09:37 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather data from console.
        Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:46 2008 >
        Failed to retrieve weather data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt
        data detected.Thu May 01 01:09:54 2008 > Failed to retrieve weather
        data from console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
        > _________________________________________________________________
        > Back to work after baby–how do you know when you're ready?
        >
        http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/articleNW.aspx?cp-documentid=5797498&ocid=T067MSN40A0701A
        >
      • jdonovanwv5
        The ID on the tygon tubing is about 5/16 , just a hair over the 1/4 on the LaCrosse cover -- also the same length. I have the tubing set down low enough
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1, 2008
          The ID on the tygon tubing is about 5/16", just a hair over the 1/4"
          on the LaCrosse cover -- also the same length. I have the tubing set
          down low enough (just about 2 mm over the pivot crest) that I believe
          not, the shield on the board is a good 3/4" higher, but will check
          after a good intense rain for inside moisture. Of course it carries
          twice the flow of water in an equivalent storm compared to the
          original. Splashing would not only endanger the board (shorting
          across the power lead) but also lose water, so I'll keep an eye on
          comparison to nearby stations. We had a couple of inches both this
          week and last, and so far, it looks to be consistent. I also have a
          calibration bottle that leaks out slowly, and it checks. But for
          splashing, it is how it handles intense rain that counts.

          I am not sure I have enough drain holes in the base, but I'll see
          what it looks like in there and if needed can pop more drain
          holes.....The bottom of the can is not a watertight fit either no
          hopefully it will stay dry in there.

          Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who sells reeds switches
          of this type?

          Joe


          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com,
          "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > Joe,
          >
          > Nice job on the bucket.
          >
          > I did have one question, at the end of the funnel, is the water
          > stream isolated so it does not spray water on to the circuit board?
          >
          > Thanks for sharing.
          >
          >
          >
        • Rich Brunnworth
          DigiKey sells all kinds of reed switches. Rich ... -- Rich
          Message 4 of 15 , May 1, 2008
            DigiKey sells all kinds of reed switches.

            Rich

            jdonovanwv5 wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            > Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who sells reeds switches
            > of this type?
            >

            >
            >

            --
            Rich
          • jdonovanwv5
            Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very little about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read what a specific reed
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2008
              Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very little
              about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read
              what a specific reed switch is, and what do the parameters/
              classifications mean?? there seem to be a zillion different models
              out there. I understand resistance and capacitance, but what is
              reedswitchance?

              Thanks in advance.......

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Rich Brunnworth
              <ibbrunnie@...> wrote:
              >
              > DigiKey sells all kinds of reed switches.
              >
              > Rich
              >
              > jdonovanwv5 wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > Just out of curiosity, do you know of anyone who sells reeds
              switches
              > > of this type?
              > >
              >
              > >
              >
            • Rich Brunnworth
              When I was chasing a switch, I first measured the dimensions of it, then I looked at how much magnetism it tool to activate. Basically you are looking for a
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2008
                When I was chasing a switch, I first measured the dimensions of it, then
                I looked at how much magnetism it tool to activate.

                Basically you are looking for a switch like the Coto RI-02A, Digikey
                part number 306-1170NO. This switch is on page 1835 catalog T072.

                Rich

                jdonovanwv5 wrote:
                >
                > Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very little
                > about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read
                > what a specific reed switch is, and what do the parameters/
                > classifications mean?? there seem to be a zillion different models
                > out there. I understand resistance and capacitance, but what is
                > reedswitchance?
                >



                >

                --
                Rich
              • Jon Golubiewski
                Newark.com and Mouser.com are two other electronics supply houses. Sometimes the minimum shipping will kill ya,
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2008
                  Newark.com and Mouser.com are two other electronics supply houses.  Sometimes the minimum shipping will kill ya, so it's cheaper to try to find something local.

                  I just had to replace the reed switch in my rain bucket.  I went to Radio Shack, but couldn't find a reed switch.  They did have reed relay switches, so I grabbed one of those for $2-3 to see if I could make it work.  It worked just fine.  The reed switch relay is a reed switch with a coil to actuate the reed relay.  I didn't need the coil to actuate the relay, but I used the magnet on the tipping bucket instead and it worked fine.  I just used the contacts for the switch (as printed on the back of the package) and didn't use the contacts for the coil.  Bottom line is that if you can't find a reed switch, a reed relay switch will probably work just as well. 

                  I had also looked at using the magnetic switches used in alarm components.  However, they were generally normally closed (we need normally open or N.O.) and required a larger magnet.

                  Failsafe - go with what Rich recommended. 

                  Jon G.

                  On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Rich Brunnworth <ibbrunnie@...> wrote:

                  When I was chasing a switch, I first measured the dimensions of it, then
                  I looked at how much magnetism it tool to activate.

                  Basically you are looking for a switch like the Coto RI-02A, Digikey
                  part number 306-1170NO. This switch is on page 1835 catalog T072.

                  Rich



                  jdonovanwv5 wrote:
                  >
                  > Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very little
                  > about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read
                  > what a specific reed switch is, and what do the parameters/
                  > classifications mean?? there seem to be a zillion different models
                  > out there. I understand resistance and capacitance, but what is
                  > reedswitchance?
                  >

                  >

                  --
                  Rich


                • jdonovanwv5
                  Thanks guys for sharing you experience! That s really helpful Joe ... Radio ... switches, ... It ... coil to ... relay, but I ... I just ... package) and ...
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3, 2008
                    Thanks guys for sharing you experience! That's really helpful

                    Joe


                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jon
                    Golubiewski" <NH4x4Jeep@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Newark.com <http://www.Newark.com> and Mouser.com
                    > <http://www.Mouser.com>are two other electronics supply houses.
                    > Sometimes the minimum shipping
                    > will kill ya, so it's cheaper to try to find something local.
                    >
                    > I just had to replace the reed switch in my rain bucket. I went to
                    Radio
                    > Shack, but couldn't find a reed switch. They did have reed relay
                    switches,
                    > so I grabbed one of those for $2-3 to see if I could make it work.
                    It
                    > worked just fine. The reed switch relay is a reed switch with a
                    coil to
                    > actuate the reed relay. I didn't need the coil to actuate the
                    relay, but I
                    > used the magnet on the tipping bucket instead and it worked fine.
                    I just
                    > used the contacts for the switch (as printed on the back of the
                    package) and
                    > didn't use the contacts for the coil. Bottom line is that if you
                    can't find
                    > a reed switch, a reed relay switch will probably work just as well.
                    >
                    > I had also looked at using the magnetic switches used in alarm
                    components.
                    > However, they were generally normally closed (we need normally open
                    or N.O.)
                    > and required a larger magnet.
                    >
                    > Failsafe - go with what Rich recommended.
                    >
                    > Jon G.
                    >
                    > On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Rich Brunnworth <ibbrunnie@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > When I was chasing a switch, I first measured the dimensions of
                    it, then
                    > >
                    > > I looked at how much magnetism it tool to activate.
                    > >
                    > > Basically you are looking for a switch like the Coto RI-02A,
                    Digikey
                    > > part number 306-1170NO. This switch is on page 1835 catalog T072.
                    > >
                    > > Rich
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > jdonovanwv5 wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks Rich! I appreciate the information! But I know very
                    little
                    > > > about how reed switches are classified/measured. How do you read
                    > > > what a specific reed switch is, and what do the parameters/
                    > > > classifications mean?? there seem to be a zillion different
                    models
                    > > > out there. I understand resistance and capacitance, but what is
                    > > > reedswitchance?
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > Rich
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.