Weather Underground Missing Data

  • sashsusco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2005
      It seems Weather Underground fails to record data or WUHU-software
      fails to send data for my weather station, a La Crosse WS-2310, about
      once a day or more. This results in incorrect data yielding a daily
      and monthly low of 0°F and skewing my averages. Is there a setting in
      the software I have set incorrectly? Any other ideas? Here is the link
      for my station if anyone has the opportunity to investigate.
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCACORON5

      Thanks,
      ScottE

      P.S. My compliments and sincere appreciation for contributors and
      developers of the WUHU software and yahoo group site. I couldn't have
      done it without you.
    • Alan Steremberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2005
        We can delete the bad data, send shaun@... an email with
        the data that should be deleted once you find the bug. (Unless the bug
        is on our side)

        Thanks,
        Alan

        --
        Alan Steremberg
        Weather Underground
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 28, 2005
          Alan,

          Thanks for the quick response. I will e-mail shaun once the bug is found.

          Thanks,
          ScottE

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Alan Steremberg

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2005
            ScottE,

            Looking over your station summary, it appears that the daily averages
            are ok.

            I suspect that the monthly statistics are not calculated properly
            unless until either the month is closed out (end of month) or a full
            month of data is collected.

            I am only guessing that this is the case as the weather data does not
            contain bogus temperature readings yet the monthly low is 0 C as you
            mentioned.

            I also see occasional failed uploads to wu, but I do not believe this
            is a problem. I am sure they have anticipated that not uploads will
            succeed.

            Let us know what you find.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "sashsusco" <sase@p...>