Re: Upload to Weather Underground

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2008
      Paul,
      Only requirement for the webcam is that you have software that you
      can FTP to WeatherUnderground. If your software can not do that,
      there is free software that is available.
      When you are ready, just post to the list and there are many that
      will be able to assist. Same goes for the WUHU software. This group
      is great and always ready to lend a helping hand.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wiegman"

      <http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/files/WUHU216_32.zip>
      > > to download the latest version of WUHU. Run the install.exe
      program within
      > > the zip file to start the install process.
      > >
      > > For future reference, the link to the download page is always in
      the Yahoo
      > > group description when you enter the group.
      > >
      > > There are two ways you can configure WUHU:
      > >
      > > 1) Default - File Monitoring Mode - In this mode, you run both
      > > Heavyweather Beta.20 (for WS-23XX stations) and WUHU at the same
      time.
      > > Heavyweather will update a file called currdat.lst that is
      monitored by
      > > WUHU, once per minute. Since the Heavyweather Beta 2.0
      application is a bit
      > > of a CPU hog and is not very reliable, this is not the
      recommended mode you
      > > will want to you.
      > >
      > > 2) Direct Serial Mode - WUHU communicates directly with the
      console,
      > > Heavyweather is not used. This is recommended for the least CPU
      utilization,
      > > fasted updates, and the most reliable operation. If you have a
      wire between
      > > your console and the remote thermo unit, the update rate will be
      around 7
      > > seconds versus over 1 minute when running wirelessly.
      > >
      > > After you install WUHU, you must decide whether you want to use
      option one
      > > or two.
      > >
      > > If you want to use option 2, Direct Serial Mode:
      > >
      > > 1) Stop running Heavyweather. If you are launching HW on boot,
      remove
      > > whatever startup shortcut or batch file you have created.
      > >
      > > 2) On the WUHU main screen, at the lower right, in the section
      labeled
      > > 'General Settings', select WS-23XX Direct Serial Access. To the
      right,
      > > select the COM port that the console is connected to.
      > >
      > > The final step is to enter your Weather Underground station
      information in
      > > to WUHU at the upper right of the main screen.
      > >
      > > Enter your station ID (not your WU user name) and the password
      associated
      > > with your normal WU account used to log in to WU.
      > >
      > > ** Beware that the password IS case sensitive. After you have
      your
      > > information entered, ensure that the little check mark at the
      upper right of
      > > the WU section is checked. This will enable or disable uploads
      to WU.

      > > Once you have made the necessary changes, hit the Start button.
      The WUHU
      > > software will then attempt to communicate with the station and
      upload your
      > > weather data.
      > >
      > > If you need to make changes to what you have entered, hit the
      Stop button.

      > > If you have any problems with setting up your station, post your
      questions
      > > and errors from the log here in the group.
      > >
      > > Good luck.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wiegman"
      > > <pgwphotography@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Friends,
      > > > I'm a new member of this group, and have pretty much the same
      need -
      > > simple,
      > > > step by step instructions to get the information coming from
      the station
      > > > a website and WeatherUnderground. I have a La Crosse WS-2310
      station. It
      > > > is at a second home and I want as stable a program as possible
      since I'm
      > > not
      > > > at the location all the time and not able to keep watching to
      make sure
      > > the
      > > > program is working.
      > > >
      > > > Namaste,