Re: Inspeed Config Settings

  • fikkaud
    Message 1 of 47 , Apr 26 9:12 AM
      Thanks WUHU.
      No hazzle, I'll just set up 216 on a different computer and compare
      the files to my 215 output.

      Regarding AIS believe it's a pretty rigid protocol to what info is
      transmitted. But as far as custom go, I saw one beutilful
      transmission the other day. A fishingboat was heading for the
      destination: 'Home to Mama' :))

      There are forums and even a group here on Yahoo for shipplotting. So
      resources are readily available.

      Cheers
      Audun

      > Audun,
      >
      > That is a pretty cool setup for ship tracking.
      >
      > Can the ships also send custom info or emergency alerts?
      >
      > It has been a while since v215 so I am not sure whether the exact
      > format of the extended currdat.lst has changed. No additions come
      > mind.
      >
      > I guess you will just have to give it a go and see if everything
      > lines up.
      >
      > If you have any problems let me know.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "fikkaud"
      > <audun.fikke@> wrote:
      > >
      > > AIS is just another nifty little gadget for us electronics
      freaks
      > > hook up to our computers. We love squiggely lines and
      dynamically
      > > updating webpages. You could use an old VHF HAM radio and the
      > > soundcard in the PC to receive the AIS transmissions from the
      ships.

      > > Have a look at my ships at http://vindkast.no second button from
      > top
      > > in the left menu.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Audun
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"
      > > <steve_03222@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Audun,
      > > > Really good to hear from you. Will have to Google about your
      > > latest
      > > > project. I am not familiar with it at all.
      > > > You will enjoy your Inspeed Vortex.
      > > > Steve
      > > >
      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "fikkaud"

      > very