Re: 2310 Rain Gauge Replacement

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23, 2008
      Deborah,

      If you wanted to repair your setup, you can buy a strech of regular 4
      conductor phone cord with modulars on the ends. You can then clip off
      the end that goes to the rain bucket. Doing that, you will not need a
      coupler that could get wet.

      Inside the bucket, two of the wires (color coded, red and black for
      example) are soldered to the circuit board.

      You can then just strip the end of the telphone cord and solder them
      on the circuit board where the old wires were. Since the rain bucket
      just opens and closed the contact between two wires, the polarity is
      not important.

      I have this one I can send so just let me know.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "DKee, K5KEE"
      <debkee@...> wrote:

      > Aren't those susceptible to moisture getting in to them? Do you
      cover them
      > with electrical or plumbing tape (or something similar)?
      >
      > ~ Deb
      >
      > 2008/4/23 Lew Best <bee_keeper@...>:
      >
      > > I used one of those "extension connectors" to add a length of
      line to
      > > it; you know the kind where you can plug 2 lines together? Radio
      Shack
      > > has all of this stuff; Wal-Mart or Lowe's may also
      > >

      > > Lew

      I have
      > > spiders build webs in mine that locks that rocker mechanism; have
      to clear
      > > it out rather often.
      > >

      > > Lew near Waco, TX

      Crosse 2310
      > > they'd be willing to sell? I'm trying to locate one without
      having to
      > > purchase an entire station (again).
      > >

      > > My search online for spare parts have come up fruitless. I
      thought I had
      > > one or two places bookmarked but for the life of me they aren't
      there. :-)

      > > Contact me off-list if you prefer. Thanks!
      > >
      > > --
      > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > > 73 de K5KEE Deborah
      > > www.k5kee.com