Re: La Cross data history.dat format?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2005
      Below are the formats for the history.dat for versions 2.0 beta and
      HeavyWeatherPro V1.1.

      I found this info at:

      http://www.niftythings.org/HeavyWeather%20History%20Format.txt

      HeavyWeather History File Format
      --------------------------------

      Last Updated 2005/7/8
      Compiled by Ben Udall

      By default, weather history is stored in the history.dat file in the
      HeavyWeather folder. HeavyWeather and HeavyWeatherPro use two
      different
      formats, both of which are presented below. Initial format
      information
      for HeavyWeatherPro was taken from Cyril Cavadore's program
      (http://www.astrosurf.com/cavadore/meteo/stations_meteo/lacrosse/)

      *******************

      HeavyWeather V2.0 beta
      La Crosse WS-2310 and WS-2315 weather stations

      Each row of data is stored in 36 byte chunks starting from the
      beginning of
      the file (no header).

      Row
      Offset Type Name Unit
      ------ --------- ---------------- -----
      00 ULong [4] unknown - (Value is always 1)
      04 ULong [4] Timestamp seconds from 1/1/1900 00:00:00
      (GMT)
      08 Float [4] Abs Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
      12 Float [4] Wind Speed meters/second
      16 ULong [4] Wind Direction see below
      20 Float [4] Total Rainfall millimeters
      24 Float [4] Indoor Temp Celsius
      28 Float [4] Outdoor Temp Celsius
      32 UWord [2] Indoor Humidity %
      34 UWord [2] Outdoor Humidity %

      At the end of the file is an additional 28 bytes providing
      information about
      the dataset as a whole.

      Offset Type Description
      ------ --------- ----------------
      00 ULong [4] unknown
      04 Ulong [4] unknown (0)
      08 Float [4] unknown (5.698)
      12 ULong [4] unknown (0)
      16 ULong [4] Number of rows
      20 ULong [4] Timestamp of the first row of data
      24 ULong [4] Timestamp of the last row of data

      *******************

      HeavyWeatherPro V1.1
      La Crosse WS-3610 weather station

      Each row of data is stored in 56 byte chunks starting from the
      beginning of
      the file (no header).

      ROW
      OFFSET Type Name Unit
      ------ --------- ---------------- -----
      00 Double [8] Timestamp days from 12/30/1899 00:00:00
      (GMT)
      08 Float [4] Abs Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
      12 Float [4] Relative Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
      16 Float [4] Wind Speed meters/second
      20 ULong [4] Wind Direction see below
      24 Float [4] Wind Gust meters/second
      28 Float [4] Total Rainfall millimeters
      32 Float [4] New Rainfall millimeters
      36 Float [4] Indoor Temp celsius
      40 Float [4] Outdoor Temp celsius
      44 Float [4] Indoor Humidity %
      48 Float [4] Outdoor Humidity %
      52 ULong [4] unknown - (Value is always 0)

      Since the timestamp is a double, the fractional part represents
      fractions of
      a day. This is probably the same type as the Delphi TdateTime type.
      More
      information about this type can be found here:
      http://www.aimtec.com.au/articles/ItsAboutTime/Default.htm

      *******************

      Wind Direction

      Wind direction is encoded as an integer between 0 and 15. To get the
      wind direction in degrees, multiply the value by 22.5. To get compass
      directions (moving clockwise) 0 is North, 1 is North-Northeast, 2 is
      Northeast, etc...
      0 N
      1 NNE
      2 NE