Re: WS2310 and Abnormal Wind

  • bucklava03
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2005
      I have the same ws2310 setup and get 15-22 mph wind spikes. No one in
      my area had gusts that strong at that same time, so I can't tell if
      they are real gusts or not. But it could be the wiring. My wire is zip-
      tied to a 1/2" metal pole I have on the roof. I think the first thing
      I will try is to move the wire as far from the pole as possible. In
      the ws2310 manual it says to keep it away from anything metal (metal
      pipes, poles, etc). If that doesn't work then I might try the CAT5
      trick below, which replaces the crappy telephone cable with CAT5.

      http://www.lavrsen.dk/sources/weather/windmod.htm

      Brian Mulcahy
      Sterling Massachsetts
      CW4065