Re: Thanks LaCrosse

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
      Hi Tom,

      You're lucky to have such centralized support available!

      Here in Finland (Yup, in Europe...), you have to rely on the company
      you purchased the station and are bound to their
      repair/replacement/refund policies. Furthermore, there are no
      guarantees that they can answer your questions if you run into
      problems or if you need a replacement part for your station. If one
      part of the station breaks down, you need to buy a new sensor *even
      when under warranty*. One retailer, who sells those stations require
      the whole package is to be sent back. Once they get the package, they
      send you another as a replacement after a while.

      If you have a weather station up and running, you have rigged
      everything up and let's say your rain bucket fails for any reason, are
      you willing to take the entire station off the air just to get that
      sensor replaced or buy a new one instead?

      Call me an idiot, but I chose the latter.

      After finding this replacement flaw, I did some long term estimates
      and found out it is cost-prohibitive to use this station - at least here.

      With that in mind, I decided to order a Peet Bros station to replace
      the LaCrosse station. The replacement will happen in the beginning of May.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland