Thanks LaCrosse

  • Dave Jersey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      My display died whilst I was on the world tour. Lacrosse was a tad slow
      at first in replying to my "What do we do now?" e-mail but once they
      did, I shipped the display and in less than a week was back up and
      running! Kudos to superior customer service.
      Dave
    • michrina1
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
        I have had to contact their customer support twice in the past and I
        can tell you email is not the way to go. They are slow. But if you
        call phone support they are fabulous. You may have to try their number
        a couple of times, it tends to be busy, but once you get to a real
        body, they are extrelely nice and do a great job.

        Tom M

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jersey <djersey@...>
        wrote:

        > My display died whilst I was on the world tour. Lacrosse was a tad
        slow
        > at first in replying to my "What do we do now?" e-mail but once they
        > did, I shipped the display and in less than a week was back up and
        > running! Kudos to superior customer service.
        > Dave

      • Juha Jäntti
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
          Hi Tom,

          You're lucky to have such centralized support available!

          Here in Finland (Yup, in Europe...), you have to rely on the company
          you purchased the station and are bound to their
          repair/replacement/refund policies. Furthermore, there are no
          guarantees that they can answer your questions if you run into
          problems or if you need a replacement part for your station. If one
          part of the station breaks down, you need to buy a new sensor *even
          when under warranty*. One retailer, who sells those stations require
          the whole package is to be sent back. Once they get the package, they
          send you another as a replacement after a while.

          If you have a weather station up and running, you have rigged
          everything up and let's say your rain bucket fails for any reason, are
          you willing to take the entire station off the air just to get that
          sensor replaced or buy a new one instead?

          Call me an idiot, but I chose the latter.

          After finding this replacement flaw, I did some long term estimates
          and found out it is cost-prohibitive to use this station - at least here.

          With that in mind, I decided to order a Peet Bros station to replace
          the LaCrosse station. The replacement will happen in the beginning of May.

          Best Regards,
          Juha
          Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
          Helsinki, Finland