Re: My lightning strike

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      Bunny,

      On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
      screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
      Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
      to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

      > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
      show the wind or rain now.
      > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
      avail.

      > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
      battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
      router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

      > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
      this one.

      > Thank Y'all in advance.
      >
      > Bunny
      > KE5CCY

    • Bunnee
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
        I tried this and it did not work.  I guess my homeowners policy will cover this. Thanks.

        Bunny
        KE5CCY

        On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
        screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
        Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
        to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

        --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

        > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
        show the wind or rain now.
        > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
        avail.

        > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
        battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
        router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

        > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
        this one.

        > Thank Y'all in advance.
        >
        > Bunny
        > KE5CCY

      • Bunnee
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
          I feel like it is the external unit myself.

          bunny

          Could be the external sensor unit and not the console too

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1
          http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
            One last thing you could try is to remove the batteries from the
            remote thermo and re-sync the console.

            If that does not work, it probably is fried.