Re: My lightning strike

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      I suggest trying to replace one of the sensors if that works the
      console will most likely be ok cheaper than a new unit.

      RICK
      KOHWAPAK1

      http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

      > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
      show the wind or rain now.
      > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
      avail.

      > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
      battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
      router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

      > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
      this one.

      > Thank Y'all in advance.
      >
      > Bunny
      > KE5CCY

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        Could be the external sensor unit and not the console too

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
          Bunny,

          On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
          screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
          Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
          to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

          > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
          show the wind or rain now.
          > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
          avail.

          > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
          battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
          router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

          > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
          this one.

          > Thank Y'all in advance.
          >
          > Bunny
          > KE5CCY

        • Bunnee
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
            I tried this and it did not work.  I guess my homeowners policy will cover this. Thanks.

            Bunny
            KE5CCY

            On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
            screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
            Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
            to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

            > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
            show the wind or rain now.
            > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
            avail.

            > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
            battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
            router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

            > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
            this one.

            > Thank Y'all in advance.
            >
            > Bunny
            > KE5CCY

          • Bunnee
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
              I feel like it is the external unit myself.

              bunny

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                One last thing you could try is to remove the batteries from the
                remote thermo and re-sync the console.

                If that does not work, it probably is fried.