My lightning strike

  • Bunnee
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hey y'all.  I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not show the wind or rain now.
      I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no avail.

      Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines.  Lost a battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a router and phone so far as we have found.  Not sure about the fax yet.

      Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath this one.

      Thank Y'all in advance.

      Bunny
      KE5CCY

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        I suggest trying to replace one of the sensors if that works the
        console will most likely be ok cheaper than a new unit.

        RICK
        KOHWAPAK1

        http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

        > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
        show the wind or rain now.
        > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
        avail.

        > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
        battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
        router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

        > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
        this one.

        > Thank Y'all in advance.
        >
        > Bunny
        > KE5CCY

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
          Could be the external sensor unit and not the console too

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
            Bunny,

            On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
            screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
            Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
            to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

            > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
            show the wind or rain now.
            > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
            avail.

            > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
            battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
            router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

            > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
            this one.

            > Thank Y'all in advance.
            >
            > Bunny
            > KE5CCY

          • Bunnee
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
              I tried this and it did not work.  I guess my homeowners policy will cover this. Thanks.

              Bunny
              KE5CCY

              On the console, entering setup (press at lower left of the console
              screen) then press Setup, press Next on the console until you see
              Relearn TX. Press Relarn TX. I am assuming that is a "re-sync" similar
              to the WS-23XX stations where it searches for the outdoor sensor.

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Bunnee" <bunnee@...> wrote:

              > Hey y'all. I had a lightning strike and my La Crosse 3610 will not
              show the wind or rain now.
              > I have taken the batteries out of the inside and outside units to no
              avail.

              > Lightning came thru the electric lines and phone lines. Lost a
              battery tender for the radio array I use for Storm Spotting and lost a
              router and phone so far as we have found. Not sure about the fax yet.

              > Is there anything else I can try before I drive a new one underneath
              this one.

              > Thank Y'all in advance.
              >
              > Bunny
              > KE5CCY

            • Bunnee
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                I feel like it is the external unit myself.

                bunny

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                  One last thing you could try is to remove the batteries from the
                  remote thermo and re-sync the console.

                  If that does not work, it probably is fried.